Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Songs stuck in your head

Songs stuck in your head

There's always some music running through my head - I was quite old before I realized that most people's brains don't provide a running soundtrack to life, hence the popularity of the iPod!

But sometimes a song gets stuck there, whether I like that particular song or not!

Right now, "Jar of Hearts" is stuck in my head, by Christina Perri. It's a pretty melody, plaintive, and not as angry as the lyrics would imply. What's stuck in yours?

And please, do tell me whether or not your brain does the 'background music for life" thing, I'll be interested at how common it is.
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I always have songs in my head . . . and that "Jar of Hearts" song is great! I first heard it on So You Think You Can Dance.

I have had Bob Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" in my head for the last couple days.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Out of Goodbyes - Maroon 5 (with Lady Antebellum) - this song I can't get OUT of my head these days... it's such a good one, though..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    There's always background music in my head. Sometimes I wish I could turn it off, especially if it's a song I don't really care for.

Riight now it's "wanted dead or alive" by bon jovi. Maybe it's reminding me that Deadliest Catch is on tonight, and that's their theme song.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I also always have a song playing in my head. Even if I only know one line from the entire song.
    Unfortunately, right now the song the Thompson sisters sang on The Voice last week is stuck there, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. I was just thinking about coming here to post on that thread then I saw this one.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I thought they did a bad job miking the sisters for that number - we basically heard the harmony part twice as strong as the melody, and I always wonder how different what we at home hear is from the studio audience and judges.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I thought they did a bad job miking the sisters for that number - we basically heard the harmony part twice as strong as the melody, and I always wonder how different what we at home hear is from the studio audience and judges.
    I totally agree with you. But, as I just posted in The Voice thread, they did not sing good during the group song either. Of course, that's just my opinion.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

i can't get a radio signal in my work area so I'll usually get whatever song I heard last stuck in there for a while. That will remind me of another song so that one will take it's place. Older songs are more likely to stick, especially "Like a Prayer" by Madonna or "seven" by prince, although "Da Da Da" by Trio is currently stuck on repeat.

The "stuck song" is called an earworm.

We have them a lot in the choir, songs that you JUST CANNOT get out! Sometimes it's good, sometimes not so good, but oh well - all music is good, right?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

The two favourite songs that are with me constantly are "Amazing Grace" and "One Day At A Time".
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Mine is pretty mundane. Little girl in line in front of me THIS MORNING was signing "The Wheels On the Bus" and doggone that thing has followed me all day today!

songs in my head

I can remember hearing songs in my head since Grade 3,around 1968,the song in my head now is Wave Babies by Honeymoon Suite,heard it on the radio after coming back from Marlene's then found the video for it on Youtube.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Because I sing in a choral group and like music in general, snippets of all sorts of songs run through my head. If there's no one around I'll hum or sing out loud, but quietly. Two persistent earworms I've had recently are Train's "Soul Sister" and Plain White Tees' "The Rhythm of Love." Fortunately these are nice, upbeat songs.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm one of the people that don't have songs in their head throughout the day. I don't remember the lyrics well so I'd have trouble singing it in my head. I have just random thoughts in my head I suppose, mostly it seems pretty blank.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    There's always some music running through my head - I was quite old before I realized that most people's brains don't provide a running soundtrack to life, hence the popularity of the iPod!
    Oh yes, I have the Life Soundtrack playing constantly! Always have.

Right now, I have "No Rain" by Blind Melon stuck in my head.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien