Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Game of Thrones

Anyone watch this HBO series? It's incredible! The most recent episode still has me reeling!!!

I have a friend who's read all the books. They are covering a book per season, which I think is a brilliant way to do it! It's really the ONLY way to do a book justice!

Anyway . . . my husband and I watch every Sunday, and this Sunday is the season finale. I'm tempted to read the books, but there's no way I could and not talk to David about them, and he doesn't want to know before he sees! POO!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

We're watching, and I have not read the books, either, which is probably better, as I usually find too much fault with things made from books I have read.

I love the dyrewolves, of course, but you would have guessed that!
    I've Been Frosted

From what my friend says, they've really done the books justice. Again, i think when you make a book into 6 or more hours of tv or movie, you're much more likely to get a good result. Kinda like the Lord of the Rings trilogy or even Anne of Green Gables. I typically read the books after I've seen the movies, anyway. And I've always made sure not to expect as much from the movies when I have read the books first.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Yeah, the wolves are awesome!

My brother read the books a couple years ago, and was WAY excited to find out they were coming out with the series on HBO. He got me to watch the episode last weekend. I was confused. lol Looks good though!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    He got me to watch the episode last weekend. I was confused. lol Looks good though!
    It is definitely one you need to watch from the beginning - lots of interwoven story lines, twisting plots and just things to know! I'm not surprised you were confused ...
    I've Been Frosted

Oh yeah, it can be confusing even if you watch every show in order! There are a lot of characters and every character has several stories! It's awesome, though, and if you have HBO on demand, all the episodes are there.

I started reading the books because I knew the series was coming on, and it does make more sense! The books have useful appendices which details who's who in the zoo.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Man, the season finale was really good! I'm still bummed about Ned! I can't wait to see who does Joffrey in for good. I'm wringing my hands in anticipation. I SOOO want to read all the books, but I don't think I could stand not talking to David about them haha.

You'd be surprised...very surprised about Joffrey. He's such a d***bag.

(Book 3, just a hint...)

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    You'd be surprised...very surprised about Joffrey. He's such a d***bag.

(Book 3, just a hint...)

Poo. I have to wait two seasons?!

You could always read the books.

Loved this week's episode. I totally guessed Dani's plan and the outcome, did you? So sad for the Drago, but it's good to see her come into her own, as it were. And I told Anya "It's okay, kiddo, you'll be a better "boy" than you were a girl, at least for now!" and I think she'll do well in life. Not gonna read the books, because, as I said before, that usually makes me dislike the movie/tv show, and I like this one!
    I've Been Frosted

SPOILER

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    . . . I totally guessed Dani's plan and the outcome, did you? So sad for the Drago, but it's good to see her come into her own, as it were. And I told Anya "It's okay, kiddo, you'll be a better "boy" than you were a girl, at least for now!" . . .
    Dani? As in Daenerys? Have they called her Dani in the show? I hadn't even noticed! I figured she would walk into the fire to prove who she truly is, and gain respect, I'd not even figured in the dragon eggs. I was shocked and saddened at Drogo's death. I guess it sped up Daenerys' "coming out" party, but I wish he hadn't died. I really liked his character. Arya is a fantastic character, and I'm interested to see what kind of relationship she and King Robert's bastard son develop.

I just guessed at "Dani" - they probably spelled it as it was in the book. Usually they just called her "the Khaleesi" so it was hard to tell! I figured in the dragon eggs from earlier in the season, when she had placed one in the fire, then picked it up, and it didn't burn her but did burn her maiden.
    I've Been Frosted