Thread: What breeds do you see in Mr. Zane?

What breeds do you see in Mr. Zane?

He is a mix we got from the local animal shelter. He loves chasing deer, squirrels and cats. He weighs 30 to 40lbs. He is also DA towards strange dogs and will fight anything to the death. It is almost impossible to stop one of his fights once he gets going. He is very affectionate and will "talk" to you. Also is very standoffish towards strangers and trusts no one but us.

Puppy 2008

His interesting tail.

I know there is Pit in there, just not sure what else.
    "Avan ou ri moun bwete, gade jan ou mache."

Depending where he came from I'd guess he has some local squirrel dog breeds from the south, Catahoula Leopard dogs and Plott hounds have some national standing, most of the rest are more localized like the Treeing Tenessee brindles and mountain curs. They'd certainly explain the coloring and even aggression. The fishhook tail with a crook in it reminds me somewhat of a rottweiler's tail.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    Depending where he came from I'd guess he has some local squirrel dog breeds from the south, Catahoula Leopard dogs and Plott hounds have some national standing, most of the rest are more localized like the Treeing Tenessee brindles and mountain curs. They'd certainly explain the coloring and even aggression. The fishhook tail with a crook in it reminds me somewhat of a rottweiler's tail.
    He came from the San Antonio metro area.

I definitely see Catahoula in him, not sure what else, though. And Texas being next to Louisiana, that's a strong possibility! SOmething else has gotta be in there beside Catahoula and Pittie - maybe a little Shepherd to account for the thicker coat ...
    I've Been Frosted

I would say but he could have some American Pit Bull Terrier in him. Possible Rottie/APBT? He is so handsome, I love the brindle butts. Thank you for adopting, he looks like fun.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by luvofallhorses View Post
    I would say but he could have some American Pit Bull Terrier in him. Possible Rottie/APBT? He is so handsome, I love the brindle butts. Thank you for adopting, he looks like fun.
    He loooves having back scratched (area where his tail connects to his body). He will whine and stare at you with his big root beer colored eyes.

I'll loan him to you so you can experiance his "I'm going to refuse to poop in the backyard and only poop on walks" leading to "I'll poop in the spare bedroom in the middle of the night." Oh the joy.

LOL I'm good I have enough of my own misfits. do you have him on leash when he goes outside to use the bathroom?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..