Thread: Hi From TX

Hybrid View

Hi From TX

Hi, I live in Central Tx and own 9 goats, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 horse and 1 donkey. I breed the goats (not right now, I sold the buck and am letting the girls rest). I am interested in history, forensics and mythology.

Goats: Snickers, Oreo, Mica, Taffy, Ari, Athena, Gracie, Mishka, and Bunny.
    Dogs : Zane, Abby, Deputy
    Cats : Cassidy, Jesse, and Jayde
    Horse : Apache (Alamo's Apache Kids Geronimo)
    Donkey : Skipper

The goats are "Brush Goats" aka mixes. Snickers is a Nubian X Pygmy, two of her kids ( Mica and Taffy) are from a Kiko X Boer buck and her other (Oreo) is from a Pygmy. Mishka is a Nubian X Boer and her daughter (Gracie) is from a Boer X Kiko. Ari and Athena are out of a Miniature Silky and a Nigerian Dwarf. Bunny is Nigerian X Pygmy.

Patches is a American Miniature Horse and Skipper is a Standard Donkey.

Zane is a Pit mix, Abby is a Shepherd Mix, and Deputy is a Catahula.

Jesse and Cassidy are American Shorthairs and Jayde is a Siberian Mountain Cat.

Welcome to Pet Talk & Enjoy the Talks & Pics.. Yes I live right out side of the Dallas/FtWorth Metro Plex.. Where are you around there?? We would love to see pics of your babies..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Welcome to Pet Talk & Enjoy the Talks & Pics.. Yes I live right out side of the Dallas/FtWorth Metro Plex.. Where are you around there?? We would love to see pics of your babies..
    I'm at Canyon Lake.

Hi! Yup, I must agree, you should fit right in! Just start posting in the threads. Photos of your "kids" would be great, too!

I'm in RI, with the crew of 15 you see in my siggy; all are rescues.

Here's some pics (and a little background): (Some of these pics are old)

Snickers: She is out of a black belted dairy cross, named Luvie, who sadly was killed by a loose dog. The first thing she did after she was born was to nurse on my pants. She is two years old and a little pig. She is a four legged vacuum. She always produces multiples ( her first freshening she had twins and last year had triplets!). Her babies are Oreo and her brother, Rollo (sold), Mica, Taffy, and Sabrina (RIP). When I went to visit a sick relative, guess what a little buckling did. Hopefully it won't be quads.

Oreo: She is Snickers first daughter out of a pure Pygmy buck. She is a bossy little thing, when she was born she had no mute button. She had a cute little doeling named Puddin' (sold) out of a small Kiko X Boer buck. She is now in the same situation as her dear mother.

Mica: Snickers daughter born in November. I love the look Snickers has in this pic. Mica was the second born of the trips, little sister Sabrina sadly died at two days old. She was also black. For awhile I had to bottle feed all three since mama's teats where to big for them to nurse on ( they where tiny since they where trips and mama was full of milk).

Taffy: Mica's brother (a wether so the circle of life will stop ) and the first born.

Ari (Artemis): A little doeling out my psychotic Miniature Silky, Brigitte. She is a cute little Chamoise (sp?) with wattles and britches!

Athena: Ari's twin sister. Seperate them and they scream like the world is ending. She also likes to eat my hair.

Bunny: She is a cute cream doeling out of my late doe Brier (cougar got her) and a Pygmy. Luckily she was orphaned after she was weaned, she attached her self to the guard donkey and has been close ever since.

Mishka: A grey ? goat. (We jokingly call ET) She is the oldest at 13 and a very neglectful mother. "Oh, I pooped a baby, yawn." She came with a doeling, Angel, who died from Goat Polio. She went on to have three sets of twins, one set was stillborn and has since retired.

Gracie: Mishka's last daughter.
    Last edited by BaronSamedi; 06-07-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Skipper: A donkey jack (too risky to geld right now) I bought for $200 along with a jennet. The jennet, Nina, was already preggo, and both where feral. The owners basicaly bought two donkeys, jack and jennet, and ended up with 50 after a few years. Sold Nina once she became aggressive, and have since halter broke Skipper. If you don't have either a donkey, llama or dog, you become a predator buffet.

Patches (Alamo's Apache Kids Geronimo): A little gelding I got for $400. He was "defective" according to his last owner. Confo was right so she couldn't show him. Most of her horses cost 5k. If I could figure out how I'd turn him into a therapy horse.
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/alam...+kids+geronimo

Zane: A pit mix we got from the shelter. He was born a stray on the south side of San Antonio, most of his litter was killed when someone tied bottle rockets around their necks and lit them. He does have some fear issues, mainly concerning strange people and can be dog aggressive. Some one also shot him in the side.

Abby: A GSD mix, we think with Shiba Inu, I adopted at an adoption fair. Her mother a litter of pups in a vacant field and someone found them. She is cute, but annoying. She is "talkative" and loves grooming the boys. She is also a pro at catching rabbits.

Deputy: A Catahula that is big and LOUD. Did I mention LOUD? He loves to bark and find ways to escape from the backyard. He is also a 50lb lap dog. Found him in a free to good home ad at the feed store.

Cassidy, my mom's overweight orange tabby. She has a GI problem so she pukes alot, diagnosed when she was spayed.

Jesse, a petite diluted calico.

Jayde, a senile Siberian Mountain cat, that drools when she's happy and cries mournfully if ignored.

Welcome to Pet Talk. With that gang, you sound like you'll fit right in here!
    You should nominate one for Pet of the Day!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi! Yup, I must agree, you should fit right in! Just start posting in the threads. Photos of your "kids" would be great, too!

I'm in RI, with the crew of 15 you see in my siggy; all are rescues.