Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi From TX

Hi From TX

Hi, I live in Central Tx and own 9 goats, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 horse and 1 donkey. I breed the goats (not right now, I sold the buck and am letting the girls rest). I am interested in history, forensics and mythology.

Goats: Snickers, Oreo, Mica, Taffy, Ari, Athena, Gracie, Mishka, and Bunny.
    Dogs : Zane, Abby, Deputy
    Cats : Cassidy, Jesse, and Jayde
    Horse : Apache (Alamo's Apache Kids Geronimo)
    Donkey : Skipper

The goats are "Brush Goats" aka mixes. Snickers is a Nubian X Pygmy, two of her kids ( Mica and Taffy) are from a Kiko X Boer buck and her other (Oreo) is from a Pygmy. Mishka is a Nubian X Boer and her daughter (Gracie) is from a Boer X Kiko. Ari and Athena are out of a Miniature Silky and a Nigerian Dwarf. Bunny is Nigerian X Pygmy.

Patches is a American Miniature Horse and Skipper is a Standard Donkey.

Zane is a Pit mix, Abby is a Shepherd Mix, and Deputy is a Catahula.

Jesse and Cassidy are American Shorthairs and Jayde is a Siberian Mountain Cat.

Welcome to Pet Talk & Enjoy the Talks & Pics.. Yes I live right out side of the Dallas/FtWorth Metro Plex.. Where are you around there?? We would love to see pics of your babies..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Welcome to Pet Talk. With that gang, you sound like you'll fit right in here!
    You should nominate one for Pet of the Day!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi! Yup, I must agree, you should fit right in! Just start posting in the threads. Photos of your "kids" would be great, too!

I'm in RI, with the crew of 15 you see in my siggy; all are rescues.

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Welcome to Pet Talk & Enjoy the Talks & Pics.. Yes I live right out side of the Dallas/FtWorth Metro Plex.. Where are you around there?? We would love to see pics of your babies..
    I'm at Canyon Lake.

Hi! Yup, I must agree, you should fit right in! Just start posting in the threads. Photos of your "kids" would be great, too!

I'm in RI, with the crew of 15 you see in my siggy; all are rescues.

Here's some pics (and a little background): (Some of these pics are old)

Snickers: She is out of a black belted dairy cross, named Luvie, who sadly was killed by a loose dog. The first thing she did after she was born was to nurse on my pants. She is two years old and a little pig. She is a four legged vacuum. She always produces multiples ( her first freshening she had twins and last year had triplets!). Her babies are Oreo and her brother, Rollo (sold), Mica, Taffy, and Sabrina (RIP). When I went to visit a sick relative, guess what a little buckling did. Hopefully it won't be quads.

Oreo: She is Snickers first daughter out of a pure Pygmy buck. She is a bossy little thing, when she was born she had no mute button. She had a cute little doeling named Puddin' (sold) out of a small Kiko X Boer buck. She is now in the same situation as her dear mother.

Mica: Snickers daughter born in November. I love the look Snickers has in this pic. Mica was the second born of the trips, little sister Sabrina sadly died at two days old. She was also black. For awhile I had to bottle feed all three since mama's teats where to big for them to nurse on ( they where tiny since they where trips and mama was full of milk).

Taffy: Mica's brother (a wether so the circle of life will stop ) and the first born.

Ari (Artemis): A little doeling out my psychotic Miniature Silky, Brigitte. She is a cute little Chamoise (sp?) with wattles and britches!

Athena: Ari's twin sister. Seperate them and they scream like the world is ending. She also likes to eat my hair.

Bunny: She is a cute cream doeling out of my late doe Brier (cougar got her) and a Pygmy. Luckily she was orphaned after she was weaned, she attached her self to the guard donkey and has been close ever since.

Mishka: A grey ? goat. (We jokingly call ET) She is the oldest at 13 and a very neglectful mother. "Oh, I pooped a baby, yawn." She came with a doeling, Angel, who died from Goat Polio. She went on to have three sets of twins, one set was stillborn and has since retired.

Gracie: Mishka's last daughter.
    Last edited by BaronSamedi; 06-07-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Skipper: A donkey jack (too risky to geld right now) I bought for $200 along with a jennet. The jennet, Nina, was already preggo, and both where feral. The owners basicaly bought two donkeys, jack and jennet, and ended up with 50 after a few years. Sold Nina once she became aggressive, and have since halter broke Skipper. If you don't have either a donkey, llama or dog, you become a predator buffet.

Patches (Alamo's Apache Kids Geronimo): A little gelding I got for $400. He was "defective" according to his last owner. Confo was right so she couldn't show him. Most of her horses cost 5k. If I could figure out how I'd turn him into a therapy horse.
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/alam...+kids+geronimo

Zane: A pit mix we got from the shelter. He was born a stray on the south side of San Antonio, most of his litter was killed when someone tied bottle rockets around their necks and lit them. He does have some fear issues, mainly concerning strange people and can be dog aggressive. Some one also shot him in the side.

Abby: A GSD mix, we think with Shiba Inu, I adopted at an adoption fair. Her mother a litter of pups in a vacant field and someone found them. She is cute, but annoying. She is "talkative" and loves grooming the boys. She is also a pro at catching rabbits.

Deputy: A Catahula that is big and LOUD. Did I mention LOUD? He loves to bark and find ways to escape from the backyard. He is also a 50lb lap dog. Found him in a free to good home ad at the feed store.

Cassidy, my mom's overweight orange tabby. She has a GI problem so she pukes alot, diagnosed when she was spayed.

Jesse, a petite diluted calico.

Jayde, a senile Siberian Mountain cat, that drools when she's happy and cries mournfully if ignored.

Aweee WoW all of your babies are just too Cute & Adorable.. Just love the pict of the baby goat looking up at the donkey.. They are all very Precious.. great pics & thanks Yes you directly down south of me..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Wonderful pictures! I love goats. When I was a teenager my mum adopted an old and obstreporous billy that no-one wanted! He really became a loved family pet for all his cussedness lol!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Hello and Welcome!! I loved seeing pictures of your clan. I especially love Taffy and Deputy.
    As others said, you will fit in just fine here. Oh, and just a warning.....we LOVE pictures.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Wow, great pictures, thanks for sharing!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, you don't even want to know how many we've had in the past. Lets see:

Dogs
    Nina: Spaz husky we got from the shelter when I was 6. Ended up giving her to a breed rescue we she became too much to handle.
    Nala: Little mix from the pet store. She was the most loving and smart dog I've ever see. Lived to be 13, PTS because of lymphoma in '08.
    Chance: Overly protective chow mix from my dads coworker. Gave to a soldier at Ft. Hood when we had to move and he growled at my mom.
    Chevy: Lab mix that we nicknamed "Lenny", she resembled the guy from "Of Mice and Men" in the mental department. Was scared of her own shadow and had no sense of smell. She came from a lady whose daughter got her from her boyfriend. She was left in the backyard for years, was covered in over 40 ticks when we got her. PTS in '10 from diabetes, kidney failure, arthritis and an untreatable skin issue. She was also 13.

Cats:
    Miss Kitty: Grey and white cat I had when my dad was stationed in the Marshall Islands. Had to leave her with a fisherman when we left.
    Fluffy and Mischief: Twins my mom got from a coworker. Fluffy eventually had a few litters and Misch ran away.
    Peewee: Fluffy's last kitten. Had her for 10 years before she was taken by coyotes in '09.
    Kobyashi: Little tuxedo kitten I found in the bushes in front of our house in OK. Had to be put to sleep a week later because of distemper.
    Houdini aka Hoody: Little black kitten. Cute but evil. He thought he was a dog half the time. He would follow me and my dogs on walks up in the woods. Once he wrapped himself around Zane's face like something out of an alien movie. He also ate my "Page Down" key on my laptop. He too was lost to the coyotes.

Goats:
    Juan: The first goat I ever had. Had to sell him becuase we had to move and he was too aggressive. (He was a Pygmy who managed to chase my 200+ lb dad off the back porch.).
    Josie (1) and Belle Starr: The first goats we got when we moved here. Both bolted when we got home. Also where as feral as heck. It's hard to find a non-feral Pygmy around here.
    Luvie and Duvie: Sister we got from a B&B in Beorne. The lady had literally 500+ goats of all kinds. Luvie had Snickers and Duvie had a buckling named Archie. Luvie was killed and sold Duvie and her son to a lady who missed having goats. (Duvie rammed everything that moved and her son was missing a few screws.)
    Sonny: Pure Pygmy that was a cull from a breeder. He was stuffed into a little dog crate in the feed store. He went on to sire many kids and irritate me so much that I sold him. Think of a High School jock stuck in the body of a goat.
    Belle: Little brainless doe also from the B&B. She and her son, Juli, along with Sonny, went to go live somewhere else.
    Brier: Little deer like doe from the B&B. Had Bunny, then eight weeks later was killed by a puma.
    Wyatt: Boer cross buck from the B&B we PTS after he became paralyzed from a brain worm.
    Coco Puff: Chocolate colored Nigerian Dwarf from the feedstore. Died from Goat Polio.
    Josey and her daughter, Ginger Snap: Pure blood Boers. Goats bred purely for meat = brain shrinkage. Could not figure out how to walk out of an open gate.
    Rollo: Snickers first son and Oreo's brother. Sold him to a guy and his wife, guy either got tired/overwhelmed, so he dumped him on my neighbors property and I had to go get him. He is now living happily at another guy's farm, making more kids.
    Loki: Boer cross, made a few kids before I decided to stop breeding. He also is happily "employed".
    Brigitte: Pyschopathic Miniature Silky Fainting Doe cross. Sold her after she killed one of her babies and started trying to do away with the rest of the herd.
    Fox and Ginger: Bunny's kids. Fox got stuck in the birth canal and almost didn't make it. Fox is also the reason I have three preggo goats right now.
    Anna: Gracie's sister, went along with Fox and Ginger to live on a big 500 acre ranch.

Horses
    Little Bit: Proud cut bay QT . A 15h gelding who thought he was a 17h stallion. Sold because we had to move.
    Tuxedo: Rescued draft cross. Sold once he became too dangerous.
    Dusty: A 22 year old Appy X Mustang, died from a heartattack last year. He was born on a Navajo Reservation, sold to a couple who did Field Trials and then sold to me, since he was "useless" to them and couldn't be bred.

Mini Pigs
    Avery: Female killed by a bob cat.
    Hammy: Male we sold when he became too destructive.

Plus chickens (Pheonix, Raven and Fawn), rabbits (Gidget and Roy), rats (Ratty, Blaze and Midnight), mice, a ferret, birds, snakes and fish.

BTW, I'm 21. Pics on the next page.
    "Avan ou ri moun bwete, gade jan ou mache."

Nala (1996-2008)

Chevy (1998-2010)

PeeWee (1999-2009)

Hoody

Luvie

Duvie

Archie

Sonny

Belle

Wyatt