Thread: You know better?

You know better?

So I was driving out of my apartment's parking lot today at all of 2 miles an hour because I knew the neighbor's little shih tzu-poodle type mix was out offleash while they were by their garage. Of course the dog runs in front of my car, but I have plenty of time to stop. You know what they told the dog? "Midnight, you know better!" Oh yeah, the dog knows better than to be out in a parking lot unleashed What a bunch of idiots! I hope they're moving, they had a trailer attached to a truck so I hope.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

LOL, could just be a knee jerk comment.

But no, THEY should have had the pup leashed, THEY should have known better.

Yuk! What's wrong with those people?

I always, at least once a week, have a similar situation. Up the street, is an adorable, white as snow, Bichon. Now, don't you know that your dog isn't in the house, or got out when you opened the door?

Thankfully, it's a school zone so I drive slow. In the winter, when lots of snow and ice was on the street, this little dog comes out of nowhere into the street. Pure white dog. Pure white snow. Hmm. For the 10th time, I rang the people's doorbell and yelled up to their window that their dog is out and I almost hit it again.

Oh, they say. No thanks ever. I only do it for the dog. So don't be grateful, that's OK. But someone else won't be going as slow or give a hoot.

I know dogs can rapidly sneak out. But get it back! I find it unbelievble.

I've been Boooo'd!

I also think it's a knee-jerk reaction.

But either way people are stupid. Mikey would be gone in a flash which is why he's ALWAYS on a leash.

Obviously not too smart, these people.
    What ever happened to common sense?

I told Logan the other day "you know better" then burst out laughing when I thought of this thread. My bad.

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    Yuk! What's wrong with those people?

I always, at least once a week, have a similar situation. Up the street, is an adorable, white as snow, Bichon. Now, don't you know that your dog isn't in the house, or got out when you opened the door?

Thankfully, it's a school zone so I drive slow. In the winter, when lots of snow and ice was on the street, this little dog comes out of nowhere into the street. Pure white dog. Pure white snow. Hmm. For the 10th time, I rang the people's doorbell and yelled up to their window that their dog is out and I almost hit it again.

Oh, they say. No thanks ever. I only do it for the dog. So don't be grateful, that's OK. But someone else won't be going as slow or give a hoot.

I know dogs can rapidly sneak out. But get it back! I find it unbelievble.
    Hmmmm...nice little Bichon running loose? I always wanted a Bichon. Wonder if they would actually miss her?

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post

I told Logan the other day "you know better" then burst out laughing when I thought of this thread. My bad.
    I'm going to use this on my cats. Buddy... you know better...LOL.