Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patch likes to....

Seems I missed this first time around! Does Patch still put small toys in the water dish? My Bobby does that with HIS toys. I take it out and give it a good wash at the sink, use a bit of Dawn dish cleaner. RINSE WELL. That particular toy won't show up in the water dish again for almost a month! LOL

Ah yes, the paper bag mouse was in there and had to be chased!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Well, I went to the pet store tonight to pick up some cookies for a certain pup.

When I got home, I was putting things away and I heard a ruckus on the floor. The small shopping bag that the clerk had put the doggie cookies and moozles in was on the floor, and all that was visible was an orange and white tail!

I picked up the bag, put it in the livingroom, and he just played in the bag, while Lady poked him with her nose.
    And then when Patch was done with it Lady proceeded to shred it into little pieces. "It smells like moozles, Mom!"
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I'd more suspect Patch of batting the cars off the tracks ....
    That has happened too, lol. Axel plays with his train set in the dining room and we sit in the living room and if Patch has followed his boy in there you will occasionally hear a seven year old boy get frustrated and carry his cat out of the dining room.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Seems I missed this first time around! Does Patch still put small toys in the water dish? My Bobby does that with HIS toys. I take it out and give it a good wash at the sink, use a bit of Dawn dish cleaner. RINSE WELL. That particular toy won't show up in the water dish again for almost a month! LOL

Ah yes, the paper bag mouse was in there and had to be chased!
    The funniest part about that Freedom, is that he doesn't go after boxes or bags he can fit comfortably in. It's always the super small or skinny boxes and the bags that he just barely fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Well, I went to the pet store tonight to pick up some cookies for a certain pup.

When I got home, I was putting things away and I heard a ruckus on the floor. The small shopping bag that the clerk had put the doggie cookies and moozles in was on the floor, and all that was visible was an orange and white tail!

I picked up the bag, put it in the livingroom, and he just played in the bag, while Lady poked him with her nose.
    Kitteh... must... inspect... bag! Excellent work, Patch and Lady!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

This is most interesting Patch! We once had a maine coon who washed all her toys in the 'kitty water bowl' - she drank water from a crystal glass on the kitchen counter

Eve loves stuffed toys and I usually buy her small dog stuffies cuz they don't make the 'right kind' for kitty cats She really likes the ones with bells or squeakies in them so she can wake us up in mid sleep when she gets energized and wants to play What is odd about Eve's behaviour is that she has a tendency to HIDE her toys (really well) and then, when we least expect it, out pops a toy we gave her months ago!! She knows exactly where they are, fishes them out and places them at our feet. I have, on rare occasions, found some of her hiding spots (eg inside my shoe boxes ... ) but usually am baffled

Cats really do have a wonderful sense of humour; they enjoy bewildering us with their antics
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Well this is silly....predictable, but silly nonetheless.

Patch is currently making a racket in our daughter's room.

On the north side of our house we have a few barn swallow nests. It's spring, and the swallows are returning. Patch is currently abusing the venetian blinds making them rattle trying to get at the birds through the glass. I'm waiting for him to miss on a jump and crash onto the floor.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I can't wait until the ones that build on the other side of the house start coming in. At least in Marylin's room if he misses he might still land on the bed or he can sit on the bed and look out the window. In the dining room he doesn't have that option. He has to squeeze his fluffy kitty but on the skinny window sill.