Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help :(

Glad your baby had the surgery and is on the mend. I would definatly go after the original vet.....should have never happened. Sending tons of rayz -
    Mom to the Fab Fivey's-Rudy,Toby,Mary,Holly, Brandy-Angel!
    All five are Dachshunds-the loves of my life !
    My passion?
    Building The Sanctuary

Rescue one, Adopt one, SAVE one
    http://www.anipalsanctuary.org/

Wow. So sorry it cost more. But very glad she is okay!
    That would be great if you could hold the other vet responsible. Because if they had done their job right in the first place this abscess would not have ruptured.

Big hugs to Luna and you!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by animal_rescue View Post
    I'm going to see what I can do to get him to pay the vet bill.
    If he refuses, you might have to go to Small Claims court, so document everything, just in case. Glad she's better, and hopefully the surgery cleared all the infection away. Poor baby, she must have been miserable all this time, and that evil old vet KNEW and didn't say or do anything!
    I've Been Frosted

I am glad she made it through. I hope she gets back to being healthy soon!

I would be careful blaming the vet, though as you can get into some legal trouble if he wasn't a part of it.. infections do happen and they are not always to blame even though he sounds like a crappy vet. It is possible that he didn't sew her back up properly is what I am thinking so the abcess grew and grew, I would honestly question him on how he did the procedure.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

It's so much of a matter of him causing the abscess but he knew about the abscess now. Whether he caused it or not, he still knew that she needed surgery asap. I have the documentation from Purdue stating that back in March(he had sent her x-rays off to be examined and from there the vet at Purdue said clearly something was wrong and she needed to be opened up immediately) and he didn't even let us know. In fact he straight told me he didn't know what was wrong with her. I have no idea what would cause him to do that, when he did. Clearly something is missing in his head
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

He needs to be terminated then if he keeps making animals sick from a simple surgery.

Thought I'd post some pics of miss Luna happy to be home

"To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

She is beautiful. I love Rottweilers.

Aww, give her a (gentle) hug from me!
    I've Been Frosted

It's so much of a matter of him causing the abscess but he knew about the abscess now. Whether he caused it or not, he still knew that she needed surgery asap. I have the documentation from Purdue stating that back in March(he had sent her x-rays off to be examined and from there the vet at Purdue said clearly something was wrong and she needed to be opened up immediately) and he didn't even let us know. In fact he straight told me he didn't know what was wrong with her. I have no idea what would cause him to do that, when he did. Clearly something is missing in his head

Sounds like pure negligence on the Vet's part. There are cases of "bad"
    Vets just like any other profession. I'm sorry you & Luna ran into one. A
    reputable Vet should have no problem with you asking for a 2nd opinion on
    Luna's condition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligence

The letter from Purdue proves what was needed & he didn't follow up
    on it properly. I'm glad Luna is home & on the mend now, but that Vet
    has a lot of explaining to do & should preferably do it to a Judge in small
    claims court.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't think I'd have anything to contribute for a yard sale, don't have much junk that hangs out. Besides that I don't really live in a neighborhood where yard sales happen... It's kind of the ghetto.

I'm currently trying to see if there is anything I can sell online. I know I have some spurs I could sell that are about $200-$300 to the right person(anyone that is into antique tack)

I'm adding this in if anyone wants to help out.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest
    Last edited by animal_rescue; 06-08-2011 at 08:30 AM.

I'm currently trying to see if there is anything I can sell online. I know I have some spurs I could sell that are about $200-$300 to the right person(anyone that is into antique tack)

I'm adding this in if anyone wants to help out.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest
    I'm so happy to see Luna happy and smiling. Too late to read whole thread but I sent you a little. Hope it helps Hug her for me

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it

15. Quote Originally Posted by animal_rescue View Post
    I don't think I'd have anything to contribute for a yard sale, don't have much junk that hangs out. Besides that I don't really live in a neighborhood where yard sales happen... It's kind of the ghetto.
    I have a tiny room. i have nicknacks/trinkets/figures scattered about my room to the point of where i dont have room to put anything new. its not what i would consider junk,, but sometimes i go wacko from the lack of room an have to box stuff up. i also live out in a area where a yard sale wouldnt be a good idea. living in the boonies has its advantages but it certainly has its disadvantages too. no ones gunna wanna drive 20+miles away from town to a yard sale unless they live out here too. LOL

i wish you the best with selling items online. ive heard where people have sold some stuff for twice as much its worth on eBAY an also the other way around where sometimes sold for way less its worth.

what about making a blog or website or even a vlog(video blog) an explaining your situation in detail an including pictures of Luna an your Paypal infos?

an how is Luna doing?