Thread: Profound thoughts on our pets...

Profound thoughts on our pets...

I was reading the COTD story this morning and the owner was saying wonderful cat and lucky to have him. This got me to thinking... Our pets are a reflection of us. The love and care we put into them comes out in their personalities. You really cannot get a pet and just expect them to be a wonderful cat or dog. You have to put into them your positive energies to get back out of them the enjoyment and love you want back. Maybe this isn't so profound but you hear of people who have gotten a dog and they return it because it just wasn't what they expected. There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners.

Okay, I need coffee...

Well said.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners.
    Quite true!

Of course, there are "PERFECT" pups, like my Sugar, and challenges like The Wills, lol! And not everyone can cope with a puppy mill rescue like my Tasha -- but at least THAT they should know prior to getting the pet.

Well, I just have to say, there's no kitty like Princess Pinot and I don't know if we had anything to do with it or not.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Very well said. But then pets do each have their own personalities. My male pets (Taggart & Jax) are the goofiest pets I've ever had. I don't know if that has to do with getting them both from the same shelter (where I volunteer), but that's one thing I tell the adoptive parents there.
    Paizly came from the streets via a fellow PTer, and Zoee came from a breeder(). While they are wonderful pets they are just more reserved and only have goofy moments.

But I do agree with this statement: There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners. Sometimes people just do not have the patience or the knowledge to deal with a "difficult" animal to help rehabilitate it.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

How very true. They are a reflection of what we put into them. I see so many dogs just tied outside to a doghouse day after day, no matter the weather, and it always makes me wonder why people like that have dogs. I don't think it differs much from what we put into our kids.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners.
    Boy does THAT ring true!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    I was reading the COTD story this morning and the owner was saying wonderful cat and lucky to have him. This got me to thinking... Our pets are a reflection of us. The love and care we put into them comes out in their personalities. You really cannot get a pet and just expect them to be a wonderful cat or dog. You have to put into them your positive energies to get back out of them the enjoyment and love you want back. Maybe this isn't so profound but you hear of people who have gotten a dog and they return it because it just wasn't what they expected. There really aren't any bad pets, just bad owners.
    I agree, very well said. I do think that males tend to be more goofy though especially orange cats. Females, at least my two, seem to be drama queens and little things seem to bother them more.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~ Immanual Kant
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton