Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riley got out :(

Riley got out :(

Riley got out our back door yesterday and has not shown himself since I stood outside calling for him and shook a bowl of food but still nothing. I feel really terrible that he escaped and I wasn't home at the time to find him right away. DH was home but was unable to get him back inside. I feel like such a terrible cat mom

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

These things happen, it is not a reflection on you.

Buy a can of salmon, or a can of tuna in OIL (not water) and put some of that in a bowl and put it out. These are really smelly and should attract him.

Do you have a Have a Heart trap? Or can you borrow one? Once he starts coming around, you may not be able to catch him, you may need to trap him.

My Mandy got out, 2 years back. She hadn't a clue how to care for herself, and stayed in my back yard, eating all the food I put out for her and gazing down at me from the roof of my shed. I had to use a trap to get her in. OF course, I caught LACEY in the trap, first, lol. Took about 8 days, but at least I could see her and knew where she was.

Good Luck!

Our Awesome Angels Search and Rescue Squad will be on the job soon.
    And while Michael, Princess and Joseph Angels on the job, we bet that they will have your Riley home in no time at all.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Try not to worry. It's Spring. I'm sure he's happy to be able to go on a little adventure and he will come home when he's ready. Please keep us updated.

Put up posters with a photo and your number, asking neighbors to check their basements, garages, and sheds. Often a lost cat will hole up in an outbuilding when a window is open, and get trapped when the window is closed.

Good luck!

Love, Columbine

Also check at local vets and shelters in case someone picked him up and turned him in.

I hope he comes home soon! I know how that feels and mine was only gone for less than 24 hours.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I could tell you not to worry, but as a cat mom I know that's impossible so I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers for Riley, may he get back home soon, safe and sound
    Last edited by astrid; 05-27-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    astrid

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope he comes home soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

It's heartbreaking, I know, we've all been there. Try to keep up hope, Riley could be right in your yard (as Pinot was once when I was crying my eyes out) and will come home when ready. Keep us posted!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'm so sorry that Riley decided to take a trip.
    Don't give up hope. Can you find time to sit outside for a while reading or listening to music? Call his name every now and then and he just might show up looking for some lovins.

This website http://www.petrescue.com/petlibrary/...st-cat-or-dog/ has many suggestions.

If he's not home tonight, I would take action. Sadly, with Kuhio, we learned to late.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    It's heartbreaking, I know, we've all been there. Try to keep up hope, Riley could be right in your yard (as Pinot was once when I was crying my eyes out) and will come home when ready. Keep us posted!
    Exactly, we have all been there, our one cat Athena nickname (Beans) she's not the smartest cat in the world, walked outside I simply wasn't fast enough and I didn't know she would jump out the door but she went down our side walk, we chased her and she tried to go into the grass and hated the feeling under her feet (she was previous stray years ago but must of forgotten the feel of grass) so she went back onto the side walk and walked around the building and finally she stopped at a small bush and my husband was able to grab her...but my goodness we were both so scared.

My prays that he comes home fast and safe and sound.

Melissa

Prayers for dear Riley to keep safe and come back home soon.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You weren't even home when Riley got out, so it's pointless to blame yourself. Save your energy; you'll need it when Riley comes back and you hug him like mad. (Then throttle him. LOL) My RB Boo got out once and it just happened to be the coldest day of the year and snow was really piled high. My son and I searched and searched, thinking that we'd easily be able to see a midnight black cat against white snow. Not a chance. I cried and cried and made my son miserable. That night I left the garage door open a few inches and at approximately midnight I heard Boo's meow. I ran out to the garage and there he was by the door, ready to come in where it was safe and warm. He was covered w/mud; I have no idea where his adventure took him but apparently it was far and long enough. He was gone for nearly 24 hours. Just trust that Riley will come home. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers for Riley coming! He's probably not very far away; cats have the most aggravating way of just ignoring us until they're good and ready. The tuna's a great idea. Please let us know when he comes home!

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I got Riley back inside just a few minutes ago. I was taking Foxy outside to go potty when I spotted him just beyond our fence in the neighbors backyard. Their dog has been free roaming a lot lately so I was hoping he wouldn't try to get me out of his backyard and also hoping Riley didn't run and trigger a prey instinct. Riley wouldn't come to me so I grabbed what food I did have and tried to hurry around to entice him and grab him. He sniffed the food and I grabbed him real quick and ran him inside where he is safe and warm. He is now laying on our ottoman while Phoebe sniffs and hisses since he smells different now.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky