Thread: Food for Sensitive Stomachs/Skin

Food for Sensitive Stomachs/Skin

Hey guys.

I was just wondering if anybody had any recommendations for a different food to feed to Tallulah.

She has a hairball/digestive issue, or a combination of both of those. She also has really sensitive skin.

I found Pro Plan Extra Care for Sensitive Skin and Stomach, which I know isn't the best food, and it also only comes in a 7lb bag at the largest, which I'm not hugely fond of.

Price isn't really an issue, but I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible but still give her some relief.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I use Eagle Pack Holistic Select dry and canned for Emily's sensitive stomach. I picked it up when I got Emily that day. She had a sensitive stomach from eating garbage. She loves the stuff. Her favorite flavor is Salmon n Shrimp in the canned. She eats the Active dry. (purple colors on the bag)

I feed Blue dry to the rest of the gang. They have also taken a likin' to the Eagle Salmon and Shrimp canned.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

My cats Alani & Blaze also have very sensitive tummies. I prefer to feed my cats grain free but the Wellness Core was just too rich for their sensitive tummies. I had read and heard that a diet higher in fiber can help cats with sensitive tummies. They would get diarrhea and have loose stools.

I started feeding them Chicken Soup For The Cat Lovers Soul Light dry formula and this has helped them a lot. It's much higher in fiber and even though it does have some grains like rice, oats, and barley, it doesn't have any corn or wheat in the ingredients. You can buy large bags of it and the price isn't too bad either. They love it. Good luck.

They also sell CSFTCLS in adult hairball formula in the canned form and it's also a great price. I still can't give A & B too much canned food or they'll have loose stools. I've been giving them some non fat chicken broth and every few days I'll give them a very small amount of canned food. Good luck.

Here's the website to the food: http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...ats/adult_cat/.

I know that purina and royal canin put out biscuits for both of the problems your cat has, i have purina for my ellie, it is inexpensive, and hopefully might do the trick, royal canin will cost a lot more, but also a good option , good luck .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I've been using Eukanuba sensitive stomach formula on all my cats, and it's definitely curbed the number of barfs I clean up, that's for sure. It's running at a good price at PetSmart right now, and there is a product coupon that the cashiers were using for an extra $5 off as well. They were really nice there.

Oh, 7lb bags (as big as i could find for sensitive stomachs) was on sale for 14.99, plus the 5.00 off, plus the $3 off for their survey. I got it really cheap!!

Sorry I'm late on replying to this

Thank you all for the suggestions . I'm going to look into all of these and see where I can buy them and the local prices. I just discovered another pet store that we didn't have where I lived before and it turns out they sell a lot of the higher quality foods I wasn't able to find before .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography