Thread: Mother gives 8-year-old daughter Botox injections

Mother gives 8-year-old daughter Botox injections

I couldn't believe this when I heard it on the news. The mother is an aesthetician. The child is a little girls' beauty pageant competitor. The mother gives the child Botox to keep her looking young (?!!?). Where does she get the Botox? Who taught her how to inject it? What does the father think and what does the child think? She also waxes the child's body. How much body hair does an 8-year-old even have? I've seen "Toddlers and Tiaras" and it just made me want to throw my shoe through the television. That whole child beauty pageant thing just gives me the shivers. It's one thing for a little girl to wear a beautiful dress (like for her first communion, Christmas or Easter, or as a flower girl in a wedding), and even to have pretty hair or wear a hat or veil, but the pageants are quite another.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=85855

I think in Illinois you have to be a physician, physician's assistant or RN to give it. But I could be wrong.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yeah, they had a show on that the other night on TV....bloody terrible.
    My eldest daughter did a lot of TV work from when she was 2yo up until 15yo.
    We never did a thing other than make her hair look tidy.

"I'm Back !!"

That is insane. The childs face has not finished developening yet.
    Botox is after all a poison. Yes it has been used for over 20 years safely but in a person so young, long term side effects are not something I would want to think about.
    This I would consider child abuse. Mom needs some therapy.

That is just disgusting & insane.. How much younger does a 8 yr old need to look.. And 8 yr old do not grow that much hair to do waxing.. This child must be in total pain due to needles & waxing.. Hell I cant stand needles or waxing.. I would say do it to the mom each day & see how she feels.. Oh yes I Hate that Child Beauty Show stuff..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I think the authorities are looking into it. I feel sorry for the little girl. How can she grow up with self esteem? Thank God I love my wrinkles and graying hair. It's who I am and I earned every line and gray strand. It's what inside that counts. I hope the girl learns that.

I've been Boooo'd!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Now she says she didn't really do it and that she was lying - to gain attention and some $$$$. She's lying all right - but which one is the lie??? IMO - it's the 2nd lie - in an attempt to get her daughter back. Obviously she never thought the state would take her away.

Boy - what a role model for her daughter.........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I hope whatever the truth is, the daughter gets some serious counseling, or her teenage years are gonna be awful. But the follow says the woman and her daughter were playing characters, she was paid $200 to pretend to be "Kerry Campbell" and tell that story, that's not even her name!
    I've Been Frosted

I saw on the news today that it was all a hoax.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I saw on the news today that it was all a hoax.
    Lock that whack-job up and forget where they put the key!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Didn't they show the little girl being injected, though? If not Botox, then what was it?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Didn't they show the little girl being injected, though? If not Botox, then what was it?
    It would be easy to fake an injection, simply by holding a syringe without a needle right up to the skin. That way it would appear the the needle part is all the way in.
    But I think it was real, and the mother didn't think it would escalate to what it did. Pretty sad thing to do for a crummy $200.
    I haven't heard any more, but last was, that the state took the little girl away from her, pending an investigation. Seriously sick mother! Seems this news has taken a back seat with all the other events and tragedies going on lately.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Too be honest, this doesn't really surprise me, you hear about weird parenting everyday. I don't understand it either, but it's sadly what people believe to be right. Toddlers and Tiaras is a really stupid show, my sister watches it sometimes. While they might be cute, it really is disgusting how they act. I remember one episode where a little 5 or 6 year old cried because she WANTED braces. She threw a tantrum over it and everything. Her mom caved in and she cried about how much they hurt and got them taken off. Talk about being reined in. I really don't have sympathy for these parents, I don't understand that type of warped thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_qYVAsdSk

This is apparently cute to some people. I can't believe how the mom just sits there and takes it. Oh god, if I was ever like that at that age...