Thread: to critters or anyone who takes in special needs babies

to critters or anyone who takes in special needs babies

I saw this post on craigslist today and thought about you. If you know anyone that can take in this baby please contact the people.
    A VERY SPECIAL KITTY (Lexington, IN)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-05-18, 1:50AM EDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need help.

I am looking for someone to take over the care of Tucker, a one year old male kitty. I started caring for him at about 4 weeks of age. His mother was feral and appears to have been exposed to distemper or another illness. Tucker is a CH (cerebellar hypoplasia) kitty. As a baby, he also had some seizures and possibly a stroke.

He is pretty much imobile and is total care. He can move his head and his tail. Tucker wears diapers and I feed him a pureed diet. He requires regular bathing, turning and very gentle stretching. He enjoys watching "Must Love Cats" and "Cats 101" recordings, though I think his vision is getting worse. He loves to cuddle and rub noses. When people see him, they cry - he is such a sweet angel.

I love Tucker like my own child, but I really can't provide him the constant care he needs - I want a better life for this very special boy. Also, we are getting ready to move to care for family - they don't allow pets in the house and Tucker cannot live outside.

If you are that special person who can give Tucker the life he deserves, please let me know.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2387777812

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.terms of

This is truly a special needs cat. You know all the disabled pets forums so I'm sure you have posted there. I'm wondering if Mumpkees, who is in Texas, would be willing to take him because she cares for intensely special needs cats. Not only would someone have to be willing to give Tucker intense care, they would have to be willing to lose him while he's still quite young - at least that's the way things appear.

I can't get to those sites from work anymore so if you would like to pass on the info to them that would be fine.
    Melissa

We wish that we could take in that blind Cat he would love the Found Cat Hotel!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I thought it best, rather than simply copying a post that may or may not be authentic to another forum, to contact the person who posted to CraigsList - which I have done.

What CraigsList were you viewing? I tried Lexington, Indiana but that didn't work.

Louisville Kentucky

Tucker adopted

I received the following email in response to my query:

"Tucker has been adopted by a very sweet family. We spent several hours going over his needs, likes, how to know when he is uncomfortable and so on.

I truly appreciate you interest in helping him. He's a very special little angel who has changed my life forever.

Gerrie"

Oh, what wonderful news!!!!!

Thank you, God, and all who had a hand in finding Tucker his FURREVER home!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery