Thread: Pupcorn?

Pupcorn?

For the life of me, I can't remember where I read about a low calorie dog treat called Pupcorn. I saw a huge jar of it at Petsmart the other day, and stood there, in a trance () trying to psych myself into remembering who told me or what I read.

Anyway, I thought it'd be a good alternate to Logan's low calorie dog biscuits, especially if she howls and talks for 'more, more, more'

I bought the cheese ones. They look like missshapen Cheetos. Does anyone else use them. Was it on PT that I read about it?

I've been Boooo'd!

I've tried it before and Harley hated it. He wouldn't even touch the stuff, which is odd because he will eat anything.... entire jar wasted, lol. Later I found out that he won't eat popcorn either. I guess he just doesn't like the consistancy.

by the way, I was looking at your siggy and the funny thing is, if my daughter had been a boy, I was going to name her logan cody.

I have not seen it in a long time but omg my babies love it.. i am gonna have to be on the hunt for more

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I had bought it a couple of years ago for my two. They liked it at first, but when I bought a 2nd jar, they decided they didn't like it anymore. It took forever for them to finish off the 2nd jar, and I haven't bought any since. It really doesn't look very appetizing - or taste it either. I took a little nibble just to see how they tasted - it was like biting into a piece of styrofoam!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Mine won't touch it.

But then, they eat grain free all the time, and won't touch dog food w/ any sort of grains in it.

I would like to try that, my dogs LOVE popcorn. I'm guilty of giving them a few pieces when I eat popcorn myself.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    I would like to try that, my dogs LOVE popcorn. I'm guilty of giving them a few pieces when I eat popcorn myself.
    It's seriously NOTHING like real popcorn, but you never know, they might like it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    It's seriously NOTHING like real popcorn, but you never know, they might like it.

More like stale popcorn that has been left on the cupoard for a week I think. My dogs didn't ike them either.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

My pups love pupcorn. They get one every night after their last run outside. I love hearing them crunch them! I buy the cheese ones.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by stace1319 View Post

by the way, I was looking at your siggy and the funny thing is, if my daughter had been a boy, I was going to name her logan cody.
    WHAT GOOD TASTE YOU HAVE!!!!
    (Logan is a female named after a PTer named Logan who I adore)

Ick. The pupcorn is getting stuck in Logan's back teeth. She has a narrow arch so I have to clean her teeth. Yup, it looks like styrofoam but I haven't had the guts to taste it. Surprisingly, she loves it. And she's pretty fussy. Apparently, not fussy enough!!

I've been Boooo'd!

They're just like a regular cheese puff and they taste like it too. I haven't seen them in forever nor would I bother paying out the extra money when I could buy a bag of cheese puffs for less.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton