Thread: How do you convince your parents to get another dog????

Hybrid View

How do you convince your parents to get another dog????

i have a pug right now and i love him to death, i think we should get him a playmate. i really would like to get a minipin for him. the only problem is i cant convince my parents-i even said i would pay for it!!
    HELP-WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Show them that your responsible, show them that you care for the breed, for your current dog, and that you want to be doing this for the good of your other dog.
    Grace and my best, friend, my k9 companion, Finny.

Come see the beautiful dog breed that I love! www.tollerweb.com

spencer the lion speaks withgreat wisdom and insight!!!!listen to him kingosabbee!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I was going to post a topic about this sometime! That's a good idea..... tell your parents that if they don't get you another dog, you're gonna get a boyfriend! LOL!!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

LOL nice, Spencer! Good idea

I would suggest being very responsible with your pug and taking extremely good care of him. And of course, sucking up big time won't hurt either

However... sometimes this is lost cause! I would love to get Daisy a little sister or brother but my mom is against it, and there's just no way I'm going to let her give in! If your parents give a very stubborn ,"No!", then just concentrate all your love on your sweet little Pug, and feel lucky - some people aren't as lucky as we are and don't get any pets at all!

ask them for a baby brother

You all have excellent ideas! But I know what situation you're in, my mom told me she doesn't want me to breed my dog either, because then I might be subject to get one free in the litter! I want BayLee to have a wife soooo bad ! Good Luck but I don't think even the biggest sucking up can work!
    BayLee's Mommy
    @---}]----------

I'll put this as gently as I can:Why do you want to breed your dog? There are plenty of animals in shelters getting euthanized every day for lack of a home. Why breed? If you just want to have puppies to play with, volunteer at a shelter!

I_Love_Rotts - what are your parents reasons for not wanting a second dog?
    I've Been Frosted

I'd go with Spencer The Lion ..lol.. I think that would work like a charm

I rescued my seconed dog, once my parents seen him they couldn't just leave him there.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

If I get another doggy, I want to get eathier another Loveable Labby, a Golden Retriever, or a Border Collie, since they are soo smart, and good in Agility!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

hOW DO i GET MUM TO LEMME GETA PUPPY?!?!?!

Ok..this si seriously starting to wind me up lol. Since I was 5 I wanted a dog... 1st i tried asking, gota no..tried whining..gota no..asked my grandparents they sed yes - but only if mum said ok...which wasnt going to happen.. Every year I've asked a couple of times.

Now I'm 17, 18 in october, (still living at home). Im working and i go to college, I'm pretty much looking after myself now... So i thought Maybe mum will let me now. I researched the breed i wanted, found out n printed off lots of pictures, lots of information.. i told her that I was going to pay for everything and gav her the ways I was going to pay, showed her i found out he cost of everything and how i was going to save etc... Found a positive slution to every single reason for "no"... and guess what? she still said no, got pist off and won't let me bring it up in convo's anymore... I'm really angry...

What can I do?!!?!?! Please help me?!?!

Be patient, and wait a few days before bringing it up again. Ask her her reasons for not wanting a dog right now, then base your response on her reactions. And remember, when you finish college in a few years and probably move out, then you can, depending on where you move and the lease, have whatever pet you want!
    I've Been Frosted

mum/puppy/continued

thanks... but its so frustraing i asked her (with info, etc) over a month ago.. her response were teh same "becos i sed so....bcos i jus dont want to... i dont need a reason the answer is just no...." etc etc the usual ignorant annoyin answers lol... im planning an attempt with her again soon, but it just ends up with her rolling her eyes, having a go at me for askin agen (even when i dont shout she does... lol)

My son is 10, and he has several animals that are his. Including a dobie.

He wanted them, and I asked that he prove his commitment to them, by researching the animals, the care the feeding, the idea of vet visits, and how he would help to pay for that?

He started at 6 with a ball python, after turning in a page long info sheet. he now has 2. He rescued some kittens last year, from a feral mom that had been hit by a car, he called our vet and worked closely with him to feed and monitor the kittens. He has had them and cared for them since they were 2 weeks old.

He is currently working each Saturday with his dobie, and giving up playtime to learn obedience with him.

He gives up 1/3 of his allowance and chore money each week to cover his portion of their upkeep, that portion will grow as he does, until he is soley providing fro them, as he intends to take them when he grows up and moves out.

He currently wants a bunny and has since last year, he is researching the breeds, and talking with many bunny owners, to fully understand if he is ready to take on any other upkeep for another animal.

So now you have a parental view of what it takes before a yes is said to another animal.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

hi my name is Marina. Right now i have 5 pets. 1 being a 10 yr old golden retriever. for years i have been trying to talk my mom into getting a puppy. and for about a year we had one but we had to give her up when we moved. and now more then ever i want 1-2 corgi pups that i have found and i think are perfect. 3 days ago it seemed that she would almost give in but now its a NO. when i asked her y not her answer is always "the dog u have is 10yrs old he cant handle another puppy." or "u cant be responisble for it." and her favorite "u can barly take care of the pets u have y should u get another."

next week we r moving down the street for the town park. So there will be plenty of places to take a new puppy for a walk. Im getting my own room so i can keep the puppys stuff there. my golden retriever loved our puppy we had 2 yrs ago and was VERY deppressed when we gave her up. i kno im ready for a new puppy...but plz help me convince mi mom!

Marina*wants*a*corgi