Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Morning Was So Wonderful....Last Night Was Too

This Morning Was So Wonderful....Last Night Was Too

Hi All-

As some of you may have saw my other post about trapping cats possibly....well I did catch 2 of them.

One is seeming to do so well and the other is not. They are both scheduled to be fixed on Thursday evening. The thing is they are temporarily staying with a friend of mine in her back cage outback till I can figure out what I'm going to do. I was set on doing just a TNR. Figured they are strays/feral so that's what I'd do.

Well the one has proven me wrong. Last night I went by to clean their litter, feed, water, etc. I went and petted both even though they were huddled against the wall. They didn't move too much and I figured well I'm going to put my hand in front and see if I can pet their faces and see what happens....I thought well 2 things they are going to let me pet them or I'm going to get bit and scratched.

I'm pleased to say that the one orange boy was so happy to be getting petted. He even rolled a little closer to me so I could pet him, he came out a little bit to get some food and then went back, it was so amazing. I couldn't believe this is the same cat I got on Sunday.

Well this morning I stopped by to see how things were going and the same boy was out on top of a cat carrier laying on a blanket. When I did come in he moved towards the back next to his buddy.

After cleaning up their area a bit I went over to them and pet each one on the side where I could reach and I just was talking semi-softly to them both and the one that has the most orange on him and who was wanting attention last night decided he would like to come out.

It was so amazing!

I was just so excited to see him want some attention, the other one didn’t move.

But this one came over to me laid down in front me and just let me pet him and love on him. It was just so wonderful to see that.

The pictures I took this morning were from my cell phone so the quality isn’t great but you will see him start to come out and then he comes out all the way! I’ll do a separate post with the photos I took last night so you can the other orange/white boy.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=167583[LEFT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0518110740.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	47214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0518110740b.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	47215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0518110743.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	47216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0518110743a.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	47217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0518110746a.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	47218  

Here are the ones I took from last night.

I know they look very scared, but this is before I started petting them both.

I'm really trying to find them both a home very quickly. If anyone would like to adopt either one, please contact me ASAP. I really don't want to release them back outside.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	1,009.7 KB 
ID:	47219   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	47220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	922.9 KB 
ID:	47221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	47222  

What Great Little Owesome Orangies!!!
    We wish we could take one, in Michael's name
    God Bless you for helping the Helpless!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good work, Melissa. The fact they are orange and young will be of great benefit when they go out for adoption (you see, I know you are going to make headway with the shyer one.) The one who is already friendly is leaning into your hand hard and I'm sure he'll be climbing your pant legs for attention very soon.

TNR is hard; I can't do it because I can't stop trying to "save them all" so leave it friends who can. But, they don't like fostering so I will take the sick ones for them. As long as we are all working together we can feel we are making a difference - certainly you are, and have been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    I really don't want to release them back outside.

Melissa

Oh how I know that feeling!

Those photos are wonderful. Sometimes, having one accept petting gives the other confidence. Blessing for them!

Yep that's true....hopefully he will come around....I just can't keep them so if any of you can pass on about these 2 boys I'd appreciate it so much!

Thank you,
    Melissa

They are beautiful! The orangie reminds me so much of Catmandu's Michael!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hope you find them a good home soon. I have a soft spot for orangies. I plan on doing TNR myself and I'm worried I wouldn't be able to release them, or maybe even end up with more cats!

"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind and found my soul." -Unknown

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
    - George Eliot

Well these two boys are going to be fixed tonight! Then we have decided instead of leaving them outdoors in a cage we will take them into our place. Please helps us find these 2 a forever home if you can.

I'm going to try as hard as I can too.

Just keep some happy thoughts for the 2 tonight please. Thanks!

Melissa

The two babies are so Adorable.. I will bet you find them homes soon.. Thanks for the hard work you do with the rescues..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Lots and lots of luck to them and you. Is the shyer kitten coming around now? As you know, sometimes the handling they have to go through for neutering, etc. can make them more social. Where are you going to keep them in your home? Will a rescue organization help you with putting them out for adoption?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Lots and lots of luck to them and you. Is the shyer kitten coming around now? As you know, sometimes the handling they have to go through for neutering, etc. can make them more social. Where are you going to keep them in your home? Will a rescue organization help you with putting them out for adoption?
    The shyer one I was able to hold last night, I wanted to test him a little bit just to see how he would do. I took him out from under his hiding spot just to do an all over check out and he left me hold him. I put him down rather quickly but he did very well with letting me hold him.

I'm going to keep them separate from everyone else just for a while till they get used to the sounds and then depending on if they are wanting to play and such we'll probably let them out with our younger kitties.

I'm going to check with Paws to see if we can be put on their wait list, they are no kill and they tend to adopt cats out a lot quicker than I can and do.

I'll just be glad when I find out the results of the combo test, I hope they are both negative.

Melissa

Prayers and good wishes that all goes well with the fixing and that the kitties find PURRFECT homes soon.

God bless you, Melissa.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm hoping the tests some back negative and that the spaying goes well. I also hope you can find them furrever homes quickly.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well the 2 boys made it through surgery and they both tested negative!!

They are now ready to go to their forever home.

Anyone interested??

Melissa