Thread: "DINE WITH YOUR DOG" on 19 May 2011

"DINE WITH YOUR DOG" on 19 May 2011

On Wednesday the 19th May 2010 Lennox was taken from his family home by Belfast City Council as they believed he came under the dangerous dogs act for Northern Ireland. The Council, without seeking any proper professional guidance, declared Lennox to be a breed of "Pit Bull Type" and wished to kill him simply because he has the appearance of said breed. Belfast City Council wardens took Lennox from his loving family home using a wrongly addressed warrant and using copyright ADBA (American Dog Breeders Association) breed standards guide that the Council were never authorised to use.

Lennox is a loveable 5-year American Bull dog Labrador cross that has been part of the family since he was a little pup. As responsible dog owners that also fostered for numerous Northern Ireland dog shelters, his owners had Lennox microchipped, neutered, DNA registered, Pet Safe registered, insured and licensed every year with the Council without fail.

A year later and Lennox is still in BCC’s kennels under threat of death. An appeal has been launched by his family and there is worldwide support for him on Facebook and a petition with well over 50,000 signatures asking for Lennox to be released and allowed to go home. The Council had licensed him for 5 years and in the 6th year decided he was dangerous just for barking and growling when they visited to relicense him.

To mark this date, pet owners over the world will be taking part in a "DINE WITH YOUR DOG" on 19 May 2011. DINE WITH YOUR DOG will simply be preparing a special meal for your dog (or cat) in support of Lennox. Muttloaf(TM) is fit for human consumption and the recipe is here for those who wish to take part and show their support for Lennox.

1lb of ground muscle meat (beef, turkey lamb, etc)
    1lb of organ meat, (liver,kidney,heart)
    1/2lb chopped or sliced carrots
    1/2lbs peas
    1cup of barley
    2 pks geletine

Boil ground Meat until cooked through grind to rough granual texture
    boil organ meat and chopped to thumb nail sized pieces.
    Boil veggies until they are cooked but not mushy and blend to a paste
    Cook barley.
    Put everything into a large bowl and mix well
    Add 1 an 1/2 cups of geletine liquid made from meat juices
    Mix well
    Put mixture into Loaf tin to form a muttloaf.
    Allow to set
    Slice and serve

www.savelennox.co.uk
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I'm not sure Cassie would eat this Muttloaf, and it is a big recipe-- but she and I will definitely eat turkey, which is one of the Muttloaf ingredients, on Wednesday to show our support. I hope that will be okay.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

all support is much appreciated - thank you
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk