Thread: Our newest arrival, Twister

Our newest arrival, Twister

we have a new foster dog, Twister who arrived yesterday. He is a six year old little Maltese whose previous home told the rescue he is aggressive towards their new baby..... as they already have two other kids aged seven and nine we find this hard to believe! As I have found he has a nasty infection in both ears which has been neglected, its possible he was trying to tell them his ears hurt and was being ignoored He is very gentle and friendly and let me put drops in his ears with no fuss and appears a lot more comfortable already. We will get his ears checked at the vet asap though.

He and Finney are already quite happy to be together and Napleon the cat has given him kisses and made him welcome too. (That is great because he never met a cat indoors before!) Ben is doing his usual "growlysulks" but is already starting to get used to the interloper I think by the end of the day they will all be used to one another with no problems.

Here are two pictures of Twister.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twister2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	47192   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twister1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	47193  
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Awww - what a cutie! Welcome Twister, from the Fuzzbuttz Gang. If I lived closer, I might just be tempted to make you part of my crew of two!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hello Twister!

Ouch, ear infections make me grumpy too. LOL Get on with the drops, so he continues feeling better!!!

Welcome Twister. He sure is a cutie pie and I'm glad that things are going well. I hope that his ears clear up quickly.

Awww, he's adorable! I think its a good thing his previous owners gave him up. Poor baby having a horrible ear infection. Some people....
    I know he will receive all the love he could ever dream of while he is with you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a cutie! I don't think I could foster - I would end up keeping them - and Twister looks to be one I would most definitely keep!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Hello Twister.. Your too Sweet & Adorable looking to be aggressive.. I would say it was your ears hurting you.. Congrats on your new home..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

As I have found he has a nasty infection in both ears which has been neglected, it's possible he was trying to tell them his ears hurt and was being ignored. He is very gentle and friendly and let me put drops in his ears with no fuss and appears a lot more comfortable already. We will get his ears checked at the vet asap though.
    Awww, Twister! I've had an ear infection too and it hurt a LOT, and that was just in one ear! I'm glad you are more comfortable now and I hope the infection goes away very quickly. Welcome, sweety!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Twister is doing well and says thanks for all the good wishes. His ears are already much better and he is no longer shaking his head constantly. He and Ben are still stand-offish but no quarrelling so that is working out fine too - give it time and they will get more used to each other, though hopefully Twister will adopted soon and have his own family. He deserves that as he is a really nice tempered and loving little boy!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Bless you ! He is adorable !
    Mom to the Fab Fivey's-Rudy,Toby,Mary,Holly, Brandy-Angel!
    All five are Dachshunds-the loves of my life !
    My passion?
    Building The Sanctuary

Rescue one, Adopt one, SAVE one
    http://www.anipalsanctuary.org/

I like the name!

Actually, my screen name comes from a foster dog, as well.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

It isnt a name I would have given him but it is what he answers to so I wouldn't change it, lol! In English(UK) slang it means someone who cheats you
    Lilith Cherry
    "

Aww---what a cutie. I'm sure he'll bring you many hours of happy moments.
    Love the name twister - if he happens to be a little tornado it will fit him perfectly.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I feel your pain, Twister! In the first ever school photo I had taken, I had an ear infection working on me. You never saw such an expression in your life!

You are in a good place now sweetie, and I will keep my fingers crossed for a great home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith Cherry View Post
    In English(UK) slang it means someone who cheats you
    Really? Wow, that is interesting! I wonder what all the PT folk from the UK have thought of me and my screen name all these years!

In the US, it's slang for a tornado. Therefore, a dog that moves very fast, or goes in circles, and is destructive!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien