Thread: :) A Different 7 years. . .

:) A Different 7 years. . .

I know this is for new members; technically, I'm not "new" - more like RE-new! I first joined 7 years ago but never posted much, being very busy on a pet-loss site. I'm trying to return here, as it seems like a friendly group.

A little about me: I'm a 66-year-old mother of one son, grandmother of one grandson. My furkids are 5 felines: The Special, Precious, Petite PrinCESS Althea; Mordred, my Special Angel; Little Boy Blue who morphed into The Blue Dude; and the outdoor cats Shadow and Smokey. My zoo is completed by my 27-year-old driving pony (now retired) Fudge, and his "babysitter," Ralph.

I live on 13 acres in Pennsylvania and am blessed to have a cabin in the mountains of West Virginia - which is God's own country, in my eyes.

I like to read and am into photography; a few (very few) of my photos have been published, a few have been sold. I have a website and will post that info on the Marketplace forum just as soon as I have time.

I've made a few posts already and hope to be an active member of this community. Anyone with questions - ask away!

Purrs of friendship to all,
    Sharon

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Hey, thanks for the "Intro" post at long last, it's good to know a little more about you! What part of PA are you in? We have lots of Pennsylvania Pet Talkers!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Welcome maerlyn/Sharon!
    I hope you hang around. Pet Talker's are a warm and friendly bunch.

Guys ~ I've seen maerlyn's photographs and they are beautiful. I purchased notecards from her a few years ago and gave them as Christmas gifts. The recipients still comment on their beauty.

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Hi there!

I'm Sandie, I live in Rhode Island with my rescued crew of 15 you see in my siggy.

Once I have some time for a vacation, I will be SURE to come for a visit to your cabin in W.V.!

Welcome to PT! Your cats are gorgeous. I hope you'll be able to continue to be an active member here.

Thank you all for the very warm welcome! And Lisa, thanks for the good word about my photography. (BTW, the cards are nicer now because I found better cardstock!)

Karen, I'm in southern Pennsylvania - York County; I'm directly above Baltimore and just a couple of miles over the PA/MD line.

Hi, Sandie - I'll be looking for you next week while I'm at my cabin! Hope you don't mind wildlife; I get the occasional bear on my porch.

Now I need to tell you that I am going there on Tuesday or Wednesday (whenever I can get my stuff together) for a couple of weeks. I have no Internet access at the cabin, so need to drive several miles to a hotspot to go online. I've timed this poorly: now that I'm making an effort to become more active here - I won't have Internet every day! I will try to post whenever I do get online (and there will be at least one time online as that's how I pay my bills) So please don't think I've left you already.

And to anyone who's wondering: the three house cats go with me (much against their wills ); Smokey and Shadow, along with the ponies, will be looked after by my neighbor.

Purrs to all,
    Sharon

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea