Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think the Edster may explode.

I think the Edster may explode.

It's been a tough month for the Edster. I had to board him for 5 days while I closed out my parent's estate. I picked him up for a 2,100 mile trip across the country to Louisville, KY.

The first day he was a little preturbed at me for the first day and then caught on to the fact that things, from now on, were going to be a little different.

We stayed at pet friendly motels and his modus operandi was to look around the room and meow at the ceiling.

The best memory I have of him on the trip was in Springfield, Missouri.

Everytime I have moved, there has ALWAYS been a thunderstorm. I woke up in the middle of the night to see Ed, perched upon the air conditioning unit, watching the light show outdoors.

It took us 7 days to make it here. I was home for 4 days and then went to the hospital for 12 days.

Yesterday I got home and got to talk to him for the first time in what seems to feel like a thousand years. Ed is also being slowly introduced to the other pet of the household, Tucker the Labradoodle so he spends most of his time in my room, so he is a little isolated from all the action in the rest of the house.

Last night I was really tired and before I went to sleep I was immediately accosted by a rather large white cat, after some loving I passed out and was awakened a few times by that LWC doing things to wake me up!

I awoke this morning to make a pit stop and when I climbed back into bed I was again bothered by the Edster looking for some scritching. I started to scritch and he began to purr.

But this was no ordinary purring.

He was louder than I can ever remember and it was so loud I thought he was just going to explode. Kinda like a revving engine on a racetrack! I think I was having more fun laughing at him than he was getting his attention.

All the attention flowing between us will probably go back to the same level it was before our move, but until then I will entertain the idea that one day my cat may explode from the pure joy of hanging out with me.

And I am o.k. with that until I have to clean up the mess?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I'm sure the Edster will be fine now that he knows he's w/Dad permanently. Is it a culture shock for you moving from L.A. to KY?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Awwww! The Edster sure loves his Dad and really missed you. Glad you two are reunited.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awwww, no explosion, just happy happy kitty rumblings!
    I've Been Frosted

Ed sounds happy. I love the sound of purring. It is the most wonderful sound in the world.

I missed some of this story along the way. How did you acquire the Labradoodle? Or, lead me to the thread if there is one.

Glad you are getting settled in!

Doris, who posted in "Thursdays" on his behalf when he was in the hospital - has the Labradoodle. That's who they are staying with right now.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm glad to hear that you're both together again and have settled into your new home. I guess I missed the posts by Doris. I hope that your health is okay now and that your 12 day stay in the hospital wasn't for anything too serious. Please take care. We've missed you here.

You have moved to KENTUCKY?!!! I must really be out of the loop and missed a lot! And been so sick you were in the hospital for 12 days! Lordy Richard, when you do something, you do it BIG!! Well, WELCOME on our side of the world.. I been to Kentucky, worked out of there and there is some beautiful country up there.. Don't let Ed get lost in the snow in the winters!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Doris, who posted in "Thursdays" on his behalf when he was in the hospital - has the Labradoodle. That's who they are staying with right now.
    Thanks! If Ed has to hang out with a dog, at least it is part Lab.

Poor Edster must be confused out of his widdle mind. The move, you being gone and all the storms that have been going on lately. Yes, I watch the weather channel and saw the storms we have here and in Oklahoma have been heading your way.

Hope all settles down for you both now. Great to have you back by the way.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    I missed some of this story along the way. How did you acquire the Labradoodle? Or, lead me to the thread if there is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I guess I missed the posts by Doris. I hope that your health is okay now and that your 12 day stay in the hospital wasn't for anything too serious. Please take care. We've missed you here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    You have moved to KENTUCKY?!!! I must really be out of the loop and missed a lot! And been so sick you were in the hospital for 12 days! Lordy Richard, when you do something, you do it BIG!! Well, WELCOME on our side of the world.
    I've been wondering where you 2 were! Glad to have both of you back. Ed was getting tired of living out of a suit case, lol. He is one in a million, Richard. Keep well, glad you are back.

I will bet the Ed was so glad to see you.. Now I know Doris took good care of him.. But nothing like Dad & Son home together again doing lots of bonding..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Edward D. Katz s Dad!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Folks who missed the posts - they were over in Thursdays. It was quite serious. he injured his foot back in California, and by the time he got to Kentucky, it was so seriously infected that he ended up losing all the toes on that foot, but they were able able to save the rest of his foot, from what I understand. Richard, you can correct me if need be.

So folks, if you hurt your foot, do not ignore it, and figure it will heal on its own. Remember, your foot is as far away from your heart as any part of you body gets, so circulation is slower, and infections can kill you!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh my goodness! Richard, what ever are we going to do with you? Pay attention from now on, please.