Thread: Storm & Pearl's Vet Visit- Update On Storm's Latest Thyroid Test 5-15-11

Threaded View

Storm & Pearl's Vet Visit- Update On Storm's Latest Thyroid Test 5-15-11

Today I took both Pearl and Storm in for their annual exams. Pearl cried the whole way and Storm was very quiet in the car. Storm decided to make himself heard though when we were at the vets. Pearl weighed in at 8.8lbs and she's 5 years and 11 months old. Last year she weighed in at 9lbs so she's okay in the weight dept. My vet said that she's in excellent health and her teeth look great too. I was thrilled because I've been brushing everyone's teeth once a week for quite a while now.

Storm is 15 years and 3 months old and he only weighed in at 12.8lbs. He's been feeling skinny and boney to me lately and this confirmed it. I looked up last years weight and he was 14.1lbs. My vet also felt a small nodule on his thyroid so they took some blood. They'll be doing both a thyroid and a comp panel. I should know the results some time tomorrow. Please send some positive vibes Storms way that they results will be good ones. Thanks in advance. My vet did say that all in all though Storm does look good for his age which I was very happy to hear.

One funny thing that happended, while I was trying to find Storm to put in the carrier, Blaze hopped in and he was all ready to go to the vets. When I got home and let out both Pearl and Storm, Blaze hopped in the carrier again. I guess it's not a threat to him just yet. I'll have to see how he is in August when he and Alani go in for their annual checkups.
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 05-15-2011 at 04:45 PM.