Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fibrosarcoma

I'm still feeling that you're not dealing with fibrosarcoma, although I have read recently that *any* injection (sometimes even trauma) can cause it. I've read and reread what you wrote, and your experience is so very different from what Morganna suffered with fibrosarcoma that I just feel it's something else - and I pray that I'm right. Prayers for Claire continuing. . . .

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

My late vet believed that indoor pets who aren't vaccinated live longer. So I stopped vaccinating mine ever since, except once b/c my cat needed to be professionally groomed and they would not groom her unless she was UTD on all her shots. She was 20 years old at that time and lived almost another 2 years. Also, should you ever need to board your cat, they will insist on it. Fortunately, I've never had to. My last cat to go to the Bridge was nearly 20 when he died but he had bladder cancer, something totally different from fibrosarcoma. Please understand that I'm not advising you to stop all shots and I'm not starting a debate, just merely telling you what my late vet believed and what I have done b/c all of my cats are indoor cats. They never go outdoors. I'm sure whatever decision you make will be the right one for you and Claire-bear.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary makes excellent points; the only vaccine I would ask about is the distemper vaccine because my vet told me that it's so highly contagious that you could bring it into the house on your shoes. Not very likely, I know, but still. My housecats all enjoy being outside for a little while, and Shadow and Smokey live outside, so I don't have the luxury of a choice.

Update on Claire

Thank you so much for your prayers and positive thoughts.... There was NO cancer in the little knots. I've never been so happy! She is doing well. We go back to the vet on Friday to have her stitches removed.
    Thanks again for all the prayers and support! Its very comforting that everyone is here.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clairebear8621 View Post
    Thank you so much for your prayers and positive thoughts.... There was NO cancer in the little knots. I've never been so happy! She is doing well. We go back to the vet on Friday to have her stitches removed.
    Thanks again for all the prayers and support! Its very comforting that everyone is here.

Tears of joy! This is the best news I've heard in a long time.

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Oh what wonderful news! I can only imagine how relieved you must be! (((HUGS))) to you and gentle chin scritchies to Claire-bear.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

How WONDERFUL! Give her hugs and belly rubs, and kiss on her lovely forehead!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Praise be to God! What a relief, what wonderful news. Thank You, Lord!!

This is wonderful news!!!

Yay! Good news! Now for that picture you mentioned ...
    I've Been Frosted

Woo Hoo! You must be thrilled! Feel free to do a happy dance, most of us will join you, lol! ( A few folks w/ casts, healing from surgery etc will sit out the dance, but still share your happiness.)

Oh, I am so happy for you and Claire. Yes, I'm doing the Happy Dance!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I think the dr was even surprised too... He told me that if he were a betting man, he would have swore that's what it was. He said that he's just as puzzled, but my prayers were answered and all of yours too!! Thanks so much!!! Ok, so, how do I post a picture and I will post one when I get home.

Oh what wonderful news! Thank God!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That is just fantastic!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)