Thread: Luna was sooo sick last night!

Luna was sooo sick last night!

She started vomiting shortly before midnight, first it was a hairball, so I wasn't too worried because it's the time of the year... But later, she threw up all her food; ate grass after that - and threw up again. Gave her one of these Gastrosel pills that I once got from the vet, they're supposed to calm the stomach down. She seemed to be hungry, even though I could tell she was nauseous; started scratching the kitchen door (she knows the food is in there), whined, then came to my bed, sitting there and staring, just to make me aware she wanted to eat. She went back and forth, from the kitchen door to my bed, then back to the kitchen door... so it went for at least an hour, she didn't let me sleep. Her eyes were wide and a little watery, which I thought was strange.

At 1:30 am, I thought I'd give her a small portion of her canned food which she ate greedily - only to throw it up minutes later! I was devastated and so worried! I knew I couldn't even get her to the ER that night because my car was parked in our driveway, and my landlord's son was parking behind me and blocked the driveway, so no way for me to back out. I gave Luna a second Gastrosel (as the first one came out when she puked), and this time, she went to bed after a while. I don't think I fell asleep before 2:30 am, and only with the help of a sleeping pill.

Early in the morning, Luna got up and wanted to eat. I gave her a few kibbles of dry food, which she kept down. Later, when I got up, she wanted her breakfast, and she got a small portion of canned food, which she kept down, too - much to my relief! Her eyes are back to normal, and she's showing normal behaviour. She's in my lap right now.

I really wonder what's wrong with her! Hopefully it's not the same as two years ago when her colon was so full that she threw up 40 times! That required a very intensive and expensive treatment at the vet's, and I'm ashamed to admit that I wouldn't have the money right now, if something similar would happen. But she seems fine now. Before she got sick last night, I thought she ate a big moth (I'm not sure if she really ate it, but I saw her catching it). Maybe this bug upset her stomach? When I saw her eyes last night, I thought she looked drugged; maybe that bug was toxic?

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Poor Luna - that does sound strange and rather scary for you. Maybe it was the moth, or something else she got into that you don't know about. Glad she's doing better now, but I'd keep a close eye on her and get her to the vet if she starts acting weird again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I saw your post on FB. I do hope that Luna is feeling better by now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

How frightening for you! I agree - the moth could well have caused that; it certainly sounds as though it was *something* she ate that really upset her system. Glad to know she's back to normal!

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Thank you!! Yes, I'm watching her closely, but so far, she's acting normal. She was begging for food this afternoon which was a bit unusual, but maybe that was because of the smaller portion of breakfast this morning. And she's cuddly, right now, she's on my lap again.

I'm really wondering about this moth now.. Don't know if there are toxic ones, but I will ask my vet about it.

Oh, I hope she is all better and back to normal now! Healing energies to you, Luna! AND a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=13247580
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you so much for the candle, Pat! I just read what you wrote to Luna, and I'm sure she feels the healing vibes...

I am glad to hear that Luna seems better. Poor her and poor you!

When Luna was so plugged up the one time, did the vet suggest anything about a bit of olive oil or something once a month? Might be worth a phone call.

I hope she stays well from now on. {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh Kirsten, what a night! I'm glad however that she kept her food down later. Keep an eye on her (I'm sure you will). Fister and I are sending lots of positive thoughts that whatever it was, it's over now.

Kisses to your sweet girl and to Lily, too.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks Randi and Candace!

Too make things worse for us, I have just messed up my back big time, and now I'm in terrible pain. No way I could get her to the vet, if still necessary. Totally helpless here at home. I'm really really getting tired of my life and all the complications and worries in it... I was just recovering from a very bad episode of stomach probs, but if I now have to take pain killers due to my back, the gastritis will act up again.

I'm so sorry to hear that Luna was so sick but I'm glad that she's doing better now. My Storm has done the same thing to me but his attacks sometimes last a few days. He does have small intestinal disease so I already know that he has a very sensitive stomach. I'm so sorry to hear about your poor health too. I hope you'll start feeling better. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out to both you and Luna. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm glad that Luna is doing better! Keep it up, sweet Luna!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks, Tracey and Elyse! Luna is back to normal, but my back still hurts, even though I saw a chiropractor today.