Thread: Long Haired Orange Kitty

Long Haired Orange Kitty

I was having dinner with a friend tonight at a restaurant in town. When we left, there was a beautiful long haired orange kitty who was very friendly and hanging around the place. In the back where the parking lot is are a bunch of houses. I carried him to the back away from the busy street. It was love a first sight. I wanted to take him home right then and there, but my brother-in-law said no. Besides, I'd feel awfully bad if I took someone's pet. But it was so cold out and I was worried about him. I want to go back there to see if he's still there. If he is, I was going to knock on some doors to see if he belonged to anyone. It's 10 p.m. right now so I know it's too late. I might just take a ride tomorrow and see if he's there. I hope whoever he belongs to brought him inside for the night. I'll let you know what happens.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I hope he's got a home, maybe someone was sitting at home thinking "I wish the cat'd come back so I can go to bed!"

Did you get to check on that little kitty? I personally would not feel guilty if I picked up an animal and it turned out to be someone's pet. 1st, what was it doing wondering around? (I do not believe in allowing your pets to roam free) And 2nd, I would look for the owner so if it had one, maybe they would be just as grateful to find the kitty sooner rather than later. Of course I have to admit that picking up a stray off the street only happened to me one time, so maybe I would think differently at the time. Either way, I hope that it is OK.

What happened?

I was surprised to see how much your kitties look like mine, right down to my own beautiful orange (rescue) boy, Hank! Take a look on http://www.EveningsFall.com. (The site is for class, so it's not very good.)

Anyway, I wanted to see what had happened, and if this beautiful orange boy was still out?

I wouldn't feel bad, either, taking a friendly cat, loose in the city home. Too many people think it's OK to hurt cats, so anyone who lets their cat roam the streets which are rife with cars, let alone sick-os, is very irresponsible, IMHO.

I'm trying to trap a feral colony I've been feeding on our farm. We've just moved here and this is new to me. One of the kitties lets me pick her up. She's very young, but it tells me someone dumped her. My DH asked, "What if they're someone's cats and you fix 'em?"

I thought about it and said, "Then they should be fined, considering it's freezing out, these cats are starving, and it's irresponsible not to spay and neuter."

IOW, I hope you found this friendly little boy!

Let us know what happened?
    Christine
    Proud & Lucky Mom of Shelby, Morgan, Bentley, Pauley, Tohsa, & Kharma, who misses Scorpio, Sunny, Winchester, Lucy, Hank, Pauley, Laddy & General

"Where there is breath, there is hope."

Well, I got up at 9 a.m. this morning and put my coat over my pajamas and drove back to the restaurant. There was no sight of him. I'm assuming whoever owns him took him in for the night. I did call out for him and walked around a little, near the dumpsters and stuff. He was nowhere. In order to keep my own sanity, I'm going to take it that he's safe inside somewhere.

I hate when people leave their pets outside when it's cold. It's like leaving your kids outside. UGH!!!! I'm going to call the restaurant later on and ask if they've seen him and know if he belongs to anyone. I'm sure if they've seen him they'll know if he's either a stray or lives in the neighborhood. I'll let y'all know.

Christine,

I posted to your thread about trapping ferals. I hope it helps. I've done it for 5 years and hope that the hints I gave you will help you catch the little gray girl. She sounds precious!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

"restaurant kitty"

moosmom......i nominate you "the greatest one"(for today at least.....smile.....) for getting up early on sunday and trying to track the lovely kitty.......what would we do w/o people like us?...: