Good morning and a very happy Dog of the Day to you, magnificent Max! Can I just say your formal portrait is simply heart melting??? What love I see shining forth from those beautiful brown eyes!

Congratulations on being crowned our extra special and most deserving Sunday honoree, sweetheart! What an amazing pup you are, Max, in body and spirit, and how incredibly blessed your proud person is, having a "first" as special as you! You and she (or he), make one terrific team! For a first time doggie parent your human is one very wise person, realizing that Roy, with (sadly) his many issues, was not the right fit for a first time doggie guardian. But oh, what a treasure your person has been blessed with in you! What a wonderful therapy pet you're going to be, and what a noble and selfless way to pay it forward, the compassion shown you in your time of need, by bringing comfort and joy to others with your unconditional love! I'm so happy to hear you're fully recovered following your knee surgery, and that you're now heartworm free, living and loving life to the...MAX! You couldn't have wished for a more caring and devoted forever human, and how lucky your pack is, human and furry, having a beautiful best furkid and friend in you!
Thanks for starting my day off with a big smile, Max, and thanks to your wonderful family for sharing your uplifting, inspirational, heartwarming story with us all!
Enjoy a very happy day, Babe, celebrating with your Mom and kitty buds...and here's to many, many more wonderful years together!
Love and hugs and smoochies to you, magnificent Max!
(P.S. Great thanks to Linda and "11th Hour Rescue," and Petfinders, for making this love match a reality; for all the great work they do in helping deserving creatures find their way home!)