Thread: Hello

Blog Entries

Hello

Hello it is spring and I want to bathe my semi-feral cat. Not looking forward to it sooo much really. Spicy can do a helluva lot of damage if you P her off. Really needs a bath though. I'm thinking long leather gloves, me and 1 other person and an outdoor wee tub filled with room temperature water and some advantage and fresh salmon afterwards???? Flea shampoo included of course. Well thats the plan so please enlighten me if I am incorrect. I'm really not looking forward to this but she hates cages so I think taking her to a pro groomer would be more stressful for her. Please tell me what you think.

Why do you want to give her a bath? Cats self groom.

Pro groomers will not work w/ ferals or semi ferals, so that is not even an option.

If you INSIST on bathing her, a better plan would be what you explained, but in an enclosed space, like a bathroom. She IS going to escape from you, make no mistake on that point. Doing this outside or in an open area is only making prolong the process.

Clip her nails first, that will help cut down on the "damage" she will do.

Make sure the shampoo you use is FOR CATS. Do NOT use anything for dogs, for "pets," it must specifically say FOR CATS.

You said FLEA shampoo. Are you doing this bath because she has fleas? Won't work, that is not how to get rid of fleas on a cat. Cancel the bath plans, and address the flea issue. IS that the reason for this bath????