Thread: Had Gallbladder Surgery Yesterday

Had Gallbladder Surgery Yesterday

I was a little nervous about this, as I am 42 years old and have NEVER had surgery, stitches, anesthetic in my whole life.

But I had gallstones and had to have my gallbladder removed.

It was so simple and easy, and other than being a little sore, I feel fine.

Amazing how far sugery has come ... I remember my mom having a hysterectomy when I was very young. She had an incision ALL the way across her belly, and stayed in bed for two weeks, doctors orders. Now, hysterectomies are same-day outpatient surgery, too.

Just wanted to let anyone who is having surgery soon, or who has never had it ... don't worry! I'm the biggest weenie in the world about things like this, and it was fine.

"We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Glad to hear it. I had this done 11 yrs ago. I still remember the pain I would have when having an attack from those gallstones. Hope you continue to feel great and improve.

Glad to hear it all went well. I have a friend who is having her gall bladder out in a few days, I will let her know yours went just fine!
    I've Been Frosted

Glad all went well and your on the mend.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Good news! Keep up w/ the recovery, you will feel lots better with OUT those stones.

Great news. A friend of mine had the laparoscopic method years ago...she was in one night, and I picked her up the next afternoon. She was a little sore, but totally ready to get better at home.

Hope you feel better soon!

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Glad to hear it went well! Don't over do things.....

It's fortunate that many surgeries can be done quickly and with minimal invasion. People want to get out of the hospital because there are some truly evil superbugs in those places! Get well soon.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am sure glad that all went so well for you. Now rest up and don't overdo it.

That's great, especially that it went so well for you!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It's so amazing what they can do now. So glad things went well.

Yay! I'm so happy you're doing well! Having had too many surgeries, I'm amazed how easily and almost pain free they've been. My dad had one of the 1st laproscopic gall bladdder surgeries and I remember we were astounded they could do that!
    Take it easy and milk the attention!!! i guess you can eat everything now without any problems! Enjoy!

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLJ View Post
    Glad to hear it. I had this done 11 yrs ago. I still remember the pain I would have when having an attack from those gallstones. Hope you continue to feel great and improve.
    Oh yes ... passing a gallstone is like giving birth. I thought I was dying, seriously. The surgery was no where near as bad as one gallstone, not even close!

Thanks, everyone!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Glad to hear that all went well. Yes, surgery has improved over the years, that's for sure. When I was in my 20's (back in the Dark Ages), I was in the hospital for some minor female issue and my roommate had gall bladder surgery. She went in before me, I was in for 3 days, and she was still in when I went home. Glad that isn't the case any more. Atta girl!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11