Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ~*Memorial Day Weekend Gathering SUNDAY ~*May 29th, 2011~*

We'll be there in spirit, sure wish it wasn't so far away now. (not even close to the 2 mile drive it used to be, lol!) I've been thinking about Phred a lot lately, sure miss his posts and phone calls.

Could someone please take a picture of the two trees & the bench in the back corner? (A little bit of Sherman is resting there too). And maybe a couple of the Memorial trees? Hope the park dries out & you have a gloriously sunny day!

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    I do hope you'll be able to come!
    It's official, I'll be there!

Karen and Pat, I will make it my personal mission to take lots of photos. Wish you both could be there.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Thanks, Ashley! We will never forget all Jack's impressive tricks he showed off for us when we were there! Give him a hug from me, okay?

And Kimmie, I hope someone brings watermelon, just so a certain canine of your can munch the rinds!
    I've Been Frosted

if you need me to chip in.. do let me know.. I can paypal you my contribution..

I´d rather be there.. but it will have to be some other time ..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
    It's official, I'll be there!
    Karen and Pat, I will make it my personal mission to take lots of photos. Wish you both could be there.
    Thanks Ashley! Hugs to all your pack, and a big snooter kiss for the amazing Jackie Loo. I miss watching him perform, too. He's a hoot!

I'm still up in the air as to if I am going to be there or not. Zac's family is apparently having a cook out that day and he hasn't seen his family in a long time... and I'll be taking up the rest of his weekend so I kind of feel like he should have a say in what we do ONE day...

The dog park has actually been doing a pretty good job draining itself and staying relatively clean, so hopefully there won't be a problem.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Dog Mother View Post
    Kimmy if you could pick up a small bottle of catsup, mustard, mayonnaise, relish and whatever else you think people would like on their sandwiches, please do.
    Can do!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

And Kimmie, I hope someone brings watermelon, just so a certain canine of your can munch the rinds!
    I'll be bringing the watermelon! Good thing I know about the rinds now or I would have thrown them away

Ashley I'm glad to hear you'll be coming!

Monica I hope to see you, but if not I totally understand.

See you all tomorrow!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Carl and I and the grandkids were out to the dog park this morning. There was still water over the roads in a couple of spots but the roads weren't closed and you just had to drive slowly. When we got to the dogpark, everything seemed fine. It was a little wet but not bad. The kids played with a dog name Elsie and were running and having a great time. However it is raining now, so I would recommend comfortable shoes that will keep your feet dry. There was no sitting water so the dogs were not getting muddy like mine have been known to do in the past.

All the rain is sure to bring out the mosquitoes so if you have bug spray you better bring it too. Didn't notice any this morning but it was a little cool when we were out there. Tomorrow is suppose to be warmer.

Can't wait!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I so wish we could be there with you all! We'll miss you, but be thinking of you!
    I've Been Frosted

I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow. My heart hurts to think I won't be there to share in the service of our dear friend. I know he and Bowser will be there amongst you and it wouldn't surprise me if he even sent a fire truck. (If he can send one across the states to a certain BBQ, I'm sure he can send one to the dog park. )

How I would love to be there - because I am sure that Phred's spirit will be right there all day.

I will stop and say a prayer for Phred and tell him how much we all miss him. I would love it if my phone rang and it was Phred just like the old days. You never know what you have until it is gone. All of us are so lucky to have known him.

for all of you.

I would have enjoyed being there to see the official PT send-off for Phred as well, so I am thinking of you guys and looks like the weather should be great for you all today.
    Friend to Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Harley, Baby Crested, Mei, Esme, Jasper and Lucy Inara, along with the hermit crabs.

I called Staci's cell phone and had a chance to speak to a few people. (interrupted picture taking apparently )

Was it two years ago that Mz Gini and I partied in downtown Dayton???

Wish I could be there again so see all of you. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures when they are posted.

Love you all
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

We just got home. As we drove through town the Tornado Sirens went off. So we're huddled in here. Had a great time. Took no pictures, but many were taken.

Signing off until the storm is over.