Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And then there were three

And then there were three

We have a new addition to our little family. There has been a poor little fella that has been wandering our apartment complex after his owners moved and left him behind. One of the tenants adopted him for a short while and then kicked him out within a couple of weeks. I was talking to my apartment manager and she said if I could get him inside my apartment, she would turn a blind eye to the "two cat limit" in our complex.

Yesterday my son found this baby wandering around begging for food and brought him inside. I was worried about how Mac and Ming would react because Mac can get aggressive with other cats. I shouldn't have worried. The boys have been as sweet as pie to the newbie, but he is scared of them and growls and hisses at them, though nothing beyone that. Mac keeps trying to touch noses with him but the little guy isn't sure about that yet.
    He is now hiding in the bedroom closet, but spent the night out and about in the living room and in the bedroom and my two respected that. They seem more interested in him than anything else.

This baby is about half grown and he is a neutered male. He is pure white with amber eyes and is just the sweetest love bug who ADORES pets and chin scritchies. I hope he gets over his fears and settles in soon. He is just such a sweetheart. I will get pics when he is a bit more comfortable.
    For now, could you guys send a good thought that he settles down and stops being so scared of the boys? They really are both being on their absolute best behavior and I am soooo proud of them!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Awee he sounds so Sweet.. Must take some pics for us to see.. Thank you so much for taking him in..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Awww, welcome to Mac and Ming's new bro-fur! Please don't be scared, kitty- all will be well!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Awwww.. More #$%*#*heads that move out and just leave their little pet friends behind.

Good on you for taking this little fellow in. Welcome, new boy, and you will settle down and love your new FURREVER home!

God bless you all!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Yay for you!! And also the apartment manager for being so kind too.

I can't wait to see pictures of him. Does he have a name?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

He is still pretty scared, so the pics will have to wait until this weekend. He was hiding in the bedroom closet when I left for work, but my son is home today and the boys seem more than willing to be friends with him, so I am not TOO worried. I am thinking of calling him Noobie because, well, he's the newbie in the house! I just hate when people move and leave their furbabies behind! Can you blame the poor little fella for being a little cautious? Two homes in two months have left him on his own. That WON'T happen again if I can help it.

Welcome, little Noobers. You have two older fursibs who are just waiting to love you up - I bet they will compete for who gets to groom you the most!

Thank God for you katladyd, and the manager...I am sure he is young enough to trust again. And he lucked out with a PT house!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My apartment manager has 5 cats of her own. Yes, she is a fellow crazy cat lady! We talk cats whenever I go into her office. There are a lot of us in this complex, which is why I have lived here for so many years! Oh, I do hope the little fella settles in quickly! I'm such nervous catmom right now.

Poor little angel .... BUT thank God for you and that kind manager
    My good thoughts and prayers for Noobie I can't wait to see his pictures.

Kisses for Mac and Ming, I hope the three of them get along and start having fun together soon!
    astrid

I suggest to try to get something in writing from this manager, stating that it is fine for you (name) to keep 3 cats.

Try to avoid having the 3 cats named.

Things happen, a new manager has every right -- and the authority -- to enforce the 2 cat limit.

Good job taking him in! Could take as much as 3 weeks for him to settle in.

She's been the manager forever here and she lives right across the street. She isn't going anywhere and the two-cat rule isn't really enforced that strongly. It's just that I never wanted to break the rules so I asked if it was okay that I took him in. If she ever decides to leave, I will get it in writing that I can have 3 cats. Of course, by that time I hope to have a better job and move.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I suggest to try to get something in writing from this manager, stating that it is fine for you (name) to keep 3 cats.

Try to avoid having the 3 cats named.

Things happen, a new manager has every right -- and the authority -- to enforce the 2 cat limit.

Good job taking him in! Could take as much as 3 weeks for him to settle in.
    I know it can take awhile sometimes. It took 2 months for Mac to accept Ming. That is why I was so surprised that he accepted Noobie so quickly.

Bless you for taking in this fellow. You didn't mention the vet but please get him checked out for his and your kitties sake.

I'm sure he'll figure out that he now has a home. It took Jane 2 days of rest to start to feel comfortable and about 6 weeks to stop running from every loud noise.

And Bless you Mac and Ming for being so accepting of Noobie.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

He's about the age a lot of kittens get dumped - they aren't adorable babies anymore, and folks just discard the, the idiots.

Bless you for taking him in, now, as you probably gonna have him for a long time, that name's not gonna be appropriate for very long! Maybe officially name him Neville - Nevvie and Noobie aren't too far apart!
    I've Been Frosted

Noobie is just a working name for now, I really haven't given a lot of thought to a name. I just want him to stop being scared first. I have thought of Bianco, which is Italian for white, or Petey (the boyfriend's suggestion). I really don't have a concrete name for him yet, but I will!