Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing Right by Mz Logan? So Upset! UPDATE Apr 12

Whew! It's been a LOOOONG day. I stayed while Logan was sedated. She's quite a fighter, so I put cotton in her ears and shut the lights. She finally became a ragdoll, which made me cry, and they carried her into the OR. I ran errands because I just couldn't go home to an empty house. She was out of surgery by 11a and I got her at 2p.

Good news, the vet thinks. She only made a teeny incision and the lump came out with her fingers, no cutting, even though it was attached to a ligament. She thinks she's clear. She did a total exam and found all innards OK. Logan's blood work came back fine, which was a good sign. She still took another biopsy so I'm waiting for results. Thanks for all your prayers.

I also had her microchipped and had her hips Xrayed. After the radiologist reads them, we'll make a decision on more treatment other than Dasaquin. Thanks Sandie, and others for the info on Adequan. That's an option. Thanks so much for your wisdom.

Logan is still a bit out of it. We took a nice nap together. When I brought her home, she stood and stared at me for 30 minutes! Oh, the guilt! "Whatja do to me, ma?"

Suddenly developed a huge migraine around 4p, so I had to take some meds just now. Must be nerves and my ulcers. Gawd, I hate when our pets are sick. What torture.

Thanks again, everyone. Your support means the world to me. You give me courage and comfort. I can't thank you enough. I love you guys!

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that Logan is now home. I hope that she'll recover quickly and that you receive good news about her biopsy. You've both had a long day so try to relax. Logan remains in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Hope you two had a restful night and everyone is back to their old selves come morning. Glad it went well.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

So happy to hear all went well. Sending love and hugs to you both.

Good to hear Logan is through with the surgery and safely home. I'm sure she'll be spoiled even more!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hope you two had a good night last night, Karen. I imagine you were more exhausted than she was! Hope the lumpy turns out to be nothing. I have decided to quit looking for them on Ben because everywhere you touch, there is a lump! No joke!
    Hugs to both of you!!! Gotta keep my namesake happy and healthy!!! How old is she now?
    Love you.
    Logan

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    Good news, the vet thinks. . . .
    Logan is still a bit out of it.

It came out so easily? Yup, that is a positive indicator. Come on, Lab, get that report done!

Most of us - humans and pets, need a good night's sleep to recover from that anesthesia stuff. Not surprised she was a bit out of it last evening.

I am glad you are both back home, and I'm sure you had a lovely night of peaceful sleep. Please give Mz. Logan some pets from me!

It's so good to hear a fine report. I'm glad that all went well for Logan
    and you. I'm glad they will biopsy the lump although they think it's benign.
    Take it easy now & hope both of you feel much better after a good rest.
    (((Hugs))) for you both.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

((((((HUGS))))))) for Mz Logan and K9Karen !!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Glad the report is good!! Hope the biopsy comes back normal. Will be keeping you and Ms. Logan in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Logie-Boo-Boo-Ba slept like a log all night, as did I. Today, she was her old hungry, playful, sweet self. No licking of incisions or where the intravenous was. She's so good. I'm so relieved, and will be more so when the lab tests come back negative.

Logan, your namesake will be 10 in August. Supposively she was 2 when I got her (who knows?) but no lady wants to be older than she is! The vet thinks she may be older. i don't care, as long as she lives a LONG healthy, happy life. The grey on her muzzle becomes her. She still acts like a puppy.

She has a lumpy near her armpit but it's definitely fatty. This lump was hard as a rock, which is why I flew into a panic.

I've been Boooo'd!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Logie-Boo-Boo-Ba slept like a log all night, as did I. Today, she was her old hungry, playful, sweet self. No licking of incisions or where the intravenous was.

Yaay! Glad you are BOTH feeling better today.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yeah for a good update!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Logie-Boo-Boo-Ba slept like a log all night, as did I. Today, she was her old hungry, playful, sweet self. She's so good.

Yay, Logan and mom! Sending you (((HUGS)))!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678