Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marbles & Flo .... new addition :)

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!

Marbles & Flo .... new addition :)

Spunky, orange & white Florence joined our household yesterday. Her former owners had to move and gave her up to the San Francisco Animal Care & Control. I saw her picture on Facebook and had to meet her, so I went and visited on Wednesday night.

She about 13 months old, about the same size as Marbles - a long haired fluffy gal. She's a lap-cat and immediately crawled into my lap as I got to know her in her jail cell. I went home to talk to Marbles about it and yesterday I went and got her.

I do know how to introduce two kitties, but these two seem to be rushing me. Florence has been a bit aggressive - no fur flying, but lots of growls and hisses, which is to be expected. I'm trying to keep her secluded in my bathroom, but she keeps getting out - Marbles keeps pushing the door in. The two kitties woke me up this morning with their growls and chases down the hall.

No pictures yet. Not sure how soon I will get them up as I have company from out of town this week, but I will try.

I don't think her name will remain Florence - that just doesn't seem to suit her. For now she's Flo-Jo.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

A hearty congratulations on your new addition.

Wow!!
    We cannot wait to see Photos of Your New Cat Comapnion Flo Jo!!!

She sounds like quite a Beautiful Young Cat, a Great Little Creamsicle Cat and quite a great Addition.
    God Bless You for giving Flo Jo a New Furr Ever Home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Can't wait to see Flo-Jo!!

Welcome home, sweetie!!! You'll have a great life now!

Welcome home, Flo-Jo!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congrats!!! I'm thrilled that you finally got Marbles a playmate and I hope that in time everything will work out well. I did see her picture on the SF Animal Control site and she's a gorgeous long haired orange & white cat and sure does remind me of my Alani & Blaze. Let's see if I can post her picture below.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19129973

Isn't she gorgeous? I hope you'll be able to take some new pictures soon. Good luck.

She's beautiful! Hello, Flo kitty!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Another nickname for Florence is Flossy - depends on her personality! If she's sporty, Flo-Jo would suit her better, but if she's a softy, maybe Flossy would! Time will tell, but welcome kitty!
    I've Been Frosted

Flossy is cute; I will consider it. When I came home tonight the two cats had somehow switched places - Flo was roaming free and she had locked Marbles in the bathroom Of course I freed the poor mewling Marbles and the two scampered around the house chasing each other for a bit.

There were kitty screams but no fur flew. Flo is one tough little cookie - such a big growl out of that little cat. I may get some Feliway to try and calm her down. Marbles is trying to be friends - she's sniffing and they touched noses - Marbles was the instigator - she's very gentle with Flo. Flo is scared of her.

Like her Petfinder ad says, Flo gives great head butts and little kitty kisses. She also purrs up a storm! Her purr fills a room.

I did get a few pics and will attempt to post them later this week.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Oh my gosh, she is beautiful!! I love her dark coloring on her face.

That is so funny they switched places. How in the world did that happen??

Can't wait to see the pictures. Welcome to a wonderful home Flo!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

They did it again - locked Marbles in the bathroom (the bathroom door doesn't close or lock properly) - and then they woke me this morning chasing each other. Flo .... aka Jasmine aka Kiwi (we're trying all kinds of new names) is growling less, but still growly. Marbles is really trying to be friends and play with her; it's just going to take time and patience.

And now Marbles is eating her food - Evo - so I may have two cats on very healthy food.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Since Marbles keeps getting locked in the bathroom, you may want to put something in front of the door to help prevent it from being able to open up so easily. Both of my girls will still growl and hiss at Alani & Blaze if they try to bug them too much. I keep telling them that they just want to play with them. I've found that females can be such drama queens. I hope that Flo-Jo,or whatever her name ends up being, will start to settle down soon. Good luck.

Hello & Welcome you two new babies Flo & Jo.. Cant wait to see your Sweetie Pie Pics..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

It's only one new baby - For now she is Flo-Jo and they're sleeping on opposite sides of the king-sized bed, in the sun .... so peacefully! I can't believe this is only day 2.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd View Post
    It's only one new baby - For now she is Flo-Jo and they're sleeping on opposite sides of the king-sized bed, in the sun .... so peacefully! I can't believe this is only day 2.
    This is wonderful news. I hope that they'll continue to get along better each day. In the past, I've usually just let the newbie out with the others during the day and I let them work things out. Usually within 3-5 days the hissing and growling stopped. Since I live by myself now, I was able to keep Alani & Blaze in my hall bathroom for quite a while until they started banging on the door to be let out. They're still not allowed in either bedroom but have the run of the rest of my condo. I hope to be able to see some cute pictures of both girls soon.