Thread: Message from all the homeless pets...

Message from all the homeless pets...

'I ask for the privilege of not being born...
    Not to be born until you can assure me of a home
    And a master to protect me
    a right to live as long as I am physically able to enjoy life...
    Not to be born until my body is precious and men have
    Ceased to exploit it because it is cheap and plentiful.'
    ~anonymous~

from my shelters newsletter...pleading for people to spay and neuter.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I agree with Sandie......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    'I ask for the privilege of not being born...
    Not to be born until you can assure me of a home
    And a master to protect me
    a right to live as long as I am physically able to enjoy life...
    Not to be born until my body is precious and men have
    Ceased to exploit it because it is cheap and plentiful.'
    ~anonymous~

from my shelters newsletter...pleading for people to spay and neuter.

How very well said Chocolate puppy. Maye this will answer and clarify the post " To Spay or Not to Spay". Seems there are some that could profit from this post.
    Awesome post and to the point.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    How very well said Chocolate puppy. Maye this will answer and clarify the post " To Spay or Not to Spay". Seems there are some that could profit from this post.
    Awesome post and to the point.
    Funny, as soon as I saw this, aside from thinking of all the homeless pets out there, I thought of that thread. I'm trying to avoid 'her' drama.
    The newsletter mentioned how many got adopted on a particular day and how many came in. Not good numbers. People THINK they will not end up with puppies/kitties but it happens. Most of us on PT already know of the problem with pet overpopulation and don't need to see this. If just one person, maybe just visiting PT sees this and gets the message, it's worth posting.
    Forever in my heart...

Might I mention...
    My RB Lacey was adopted from my shelter. She was there from 6 weeks to 10 weeks old. I don't know her story.
    My RB Mandy was adopted from my shelter, she was found in a dumpster with her three littermates.
    Jake, from same shelter, 'an unwanted litter'.
    RB Sassy, I took off the street. Wonder how she got there, maybe 'dumped'?

Not bragging on my 'rescue stories' Just pointing out, UNWANTED PUPPIES AND KITTIES DOES HAPPEN.
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Might I mention...
    My RB Lacey was adopted from my shelter. She was there from 6 weeks to 10 weeks old. I don't know her story.
    My RB Mandy was adopted from my shelter, she was found in a dumpster with her three littermates.
    Jake, from same shelter, 'an unwanted litter'.
    RB Sassy, I took off the street. Wonder how she got there, maybe 'dumped'?

Not bragging on my 'rescue stories' Just pointing out, UNWANTED PUPPIES AND KITTIES DOES HAPPEN.
    When we went to our city pound shelter a couple of months ago, my daughter spotted Chico. A one year old male chihuahua. He has been with us ever since that day. I think it was love at first sight for both of them. Anyway, Chico is fully house trained, and such a well mannered little cutey.
    I wonder sometimes, exactly where did he come from. I mean, he is so well mannered and lovable, but he was not neutered or microchipped, wormed or vaccinated at all. He was found wandering the streets, no collar. The pound tried very hard to find the owner, and that isn't really hard in the town where I live of 25,000 people (much less when all the students leave). The mind boggles sometimes. He is such a little treasure, how could anybody not want him ???
    Anyway, now he has become very fat and spoilt.

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Me and my seven cats (all rescues), too!

Thank you.
    Last edited by phesina; 04-03-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

A good message! Every pet owner, or potential pet owner ought to agree with it! In fact everybody! Period!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

...from Pinot the rescued shelter kitty.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

From Sam, the fortunate barn cat, AND Mr. Spunky (exotic creature rescue) and Jane (front porch rescue after dumped in our rural area).

From Fred who adopted my mom after he was dumped and Louie (2-3 weeks old), whom my brother found while jogging.

And all of the former and RB cats me or my family have rescued my whole life.

Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

From Duffy, born in a flower garden and rescued.

From Reese, abandoned in a parking lot at 4 months of age.

From Abby whose feral mom was trapped the day before she delivered 7 kittens. All now have loving homes.

From Charlie whose human family moved and left him behind.

From Red, another abandoned, but found a safe home with us.

And Grady - who I classify as a SMIB, Southern Michigan Inbred. Grady's daddy was also his older brother. Grady's human family thought his father was a girl - - go figure. Not only no spay or neuter - no Vet care either.

Thanks for posting this and for starting this thread. I also agree in spaying and neutering but I really didn't want to comment on the other thread. All of my cats have been rescues.

Storm was owned but then his former owner abandoned him and some one found him outside and brought him to the Humane Society. His former owner found out and even went to the Humane Society but he told them that he didn't want Storm any more. His loss my gain.

My RB Pepper was found as a wee kitten and he had to be bottle fed. I adopted him at a Petco through a rescue group. He was only about 8-9 weeks old.

My RB Sunny and his litter mates were found in a wood pile and then rescued by a small rescue group. He was the last of his litter to be adopted so I guess he was waiting for me.

Sky was found as a stray and I think he was hanging out with other feral cats. He was neutered and some how ended up at the Humane Society. He was adopted but then returned because one of his former owners cats didn't like him and it started peeing outside of the litterbox. I was at a cat show and the Humane Society was there. I held him and fell in love. He's been the best cat ever.

My RB Starr was found by a policeman when he was about 1 day old. He was then taken to a rescue group and bottle fed. They think that his mother was trying to move her litter because he was found during a storm. I met him at about 5 weeks old and I couldn't wait to be able to adopt him.

Both Pearl and Ziggy Stardust were dumped in a feral cat park in Arizona. They were rescued by another PT'er,K & L, and I flew to their home and adopted them.

Alani & Blaze were found on the coast in Northern CA with their mother and 3 littermates. A rescue group was only able to get 4 of the kittens. Their mother and one of their siblings are still living some where on the coast.