Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Live Webcam - Bald Eagles

Live Webcam - Bald Eagles

Just thought I'd share this link of a live webcam showing a bald eagle nest in Decorah, Iowa.

They have three eggs just about to hatch (I saw one little beak earlier) so it's pretty exciting to follow as the babies make their way out of the eggs.

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Thank you so much for sharing this!!! Now I have something else to watch/do during working hours.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My mom was just telling me about this!
    I am watching the Peregrine Falcons in San Jose, CA. Which I do during work too Slick. Shhhh! LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Blog Entries
    The neat thing is there is a fish hatchery across the road from where their nest is so there is plenty of fish to feed the young. Their nest is in a huge cotton wood tree along a creek in some peoples back yard. When the babies are old enough to leave the nest they land on the peoples TV antenna & bend it.

I was just watching the third egg hatch and then the adult bird covered them again. Darn it!! But it was cool what I did get to see.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks for sharing the link. I'm glad the big storms that moved through Iowa didn't harm the nest of chicks.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh my goodness!! I peek in on this cam throughout the day. I just looked in and the mama (at least I think it's mom) just totally stepped on one of the babies!!! I hope its okay.

That one closest to the front of the nest doesn't look like he is doing well

ETA Oh now he is up and more active!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

Just looked in again and all three babies were wobbling around. So they are all okay. Whew!!

Yes, I saw one of the chicks wobble over and land on its sibling, which turned as if to say "What are you doing?"

This is so cool!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh that scared me!! I thought one was not moving. Two are at the back of the nest eating and one was up front NOT moving. Watched long enough to see it wake up and now it's going to eat too. Whew! I thought we only had two left. Thank goodness I was wrong!

Wow, the chicks have grown so much just in the last few days.
    Their fur is darker now & they look almost too big for the momma to keep
    them under her. This is fascinating to watch.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am loving this web cam!
    It is very very windy today in Decorah, Iowa. The whole nest/tree is swaying. Kinda scary.

Update

The camera is still up. The Social Stream has been shut down. The "chat" is still open. The Social Stream had no moderator and it was a jungle. Many trolls and spammers. Imagine PetTalk without a moderator.

The camera is so vital. You don't really need the chatting to appreciate the eagles. Lots of lonely, sad ppl were hanging out in the Social Stream. Chat is harder to get in, and the moderators are tough, tough, tough. You have to mind the rules or they will delete your post and/or boot you. YEA!

What a window into wildlife.

Blog Entries
    The nest is up in a huge cotton wood tree. Yes, the winds are 45 mph gusts today & temps are dipping down in the lower 30's tonight. It has to be miserable for the adult that ends up sitting on the chicks.