Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thoughts for Apollo

Happy Thoughts for Apollo

On Feb. 28th we noticed Apollo gagging and throwing up some white foam. He would do either when he drank, ate, or if he was just sitting there. It became more frequent overnight and he seemed really hot so I called the vet on March 1st. They had an appt. available so my husband and I took him in.

The vet looked at him, took his temp, which was a little high, and listened to him. She even gave him some food to see if he would do it, well of course you take them to the vet and they stop doing it.

She said that if it was an obstruction that he wouldn't be able to keep anything down. So we mentioned about him maybe having asthma, we haven't had him x-rayed yet or anything but we are thinking he might have it. The vet gave him a convenia shot (antibotic) and we got some soft food for him to eat for the rest of the day and she thought he would do much better.

We took him home and he seemed to improve. No more gagging, no more white foam, and his voice back to normal, I don't think I mentioned that but his meow was horse too from the irritation of gagging I believe.

Then our other kitties who he hangs out started getting the same thing, only one had her voice change a little bit and it only last a short time period.

Others didn't yack/gag as much as he did though.

It seemed whatever it was, was going around to each of the kitties. Everyone seems over it now and our last one Lili went through it from Sunday to Monday (March 13th - 14th).

Also, Apollo was doing much better too.

Then the other day my husband told me he had a coughing fit again. I told him to keep an eye on him while I was at work and he seemed to do ok. Then on Sunday we noticed him gag a little tiny bit and yesterday it increased again.

Last night my husband got me up because he said Apollo felt really cold to him and I felt him and I agreed that it seemed like he was semi-cold but I didn't think to take his temperature.

He continued to gag all last night off and on, but he was able to eat sometimes and other times he would gag and yak up some white foam.

He even did that this morning with drinking water. But then other times he would be fine drinking.

I called the vets last night and they told me that I might not get a call back that evening which I told them that was fine but if they could call me in the morning that would be good.

I called the vets this morning after last night hearing that Apollo's gagging got worse.

The vet was just preparing for surgery and she was pretty booked so they said it wouldn't do much good for me to bring him in and leave him if they are not going to see him till 5 p.m. which I agreed.

So the vet called me after I got to work and she wanted to know if he is getting into any plants, which we don't keep any plants in the house because of them or flowers even.

She said they will call me as soon as there is an opening.

If any of you have experienced anything like this please let me know. I did read online about asthma but then I think why did almost all of the other kitties get it.

Melissa
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Apollo has a vet appt. for 3:30 p.m. today.

I am sending up prayers and good thoughts for dear little Apollo!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Prayers on the way for dear Apollo. Yeah, asthma is not contagious, so I doubt it is that!
    I've Been Frosted

big prayers for Apollo and meowmie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well after $130, he either has bronchitis or pneumonia, oh and yeah he most likely has asthma as well.

But his heart looks good and everything else is normal shaped as well. He has a bum front paw so we weren't sure if he was under developed in those areas or not.

So for the next 2 weeks we need to give he calvamox. They don't want to start him on any pred.

Prays would be appreciated that he kicks this, I've never had a cat that has had this.

Poor guy.

Melissa

Prayers for Apollo. Bronchitis or pneumonia, neither one is fun, poor boy.

Did they suggest keeping him in one room so he isn't too active? REST will help him heal.

Prayers and good wishes and healing energies for dear little Apollo.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm just now seeing this. I'm so glad that it isn't Apollo's heart. When I read that he was gagging, I was afraid that's what it was. Of course, we don't want him to be sick at all, especially w/pneumonia but I know that you and your vet will take good care of him. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Prayers for Apollo. Bronchitis or pneumonia, neither one is fun, poor boy.

Did they suggest keeping him in one room so he isn't too active? REST will help him heal.
    They didn't suggest that...I thought about bringing him to work with me and now I wish I would have because that's a good point. Last night he was pretty calm though he's just resting when he needs to and my husband is home with him so he can keep an eye on him.

Melissa

I'm sorry to hear that he's so sick. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

My Sky was diagnosed with mild asthma last year and he was on pred and another medicine for several months to get him through the worst months. He would get sneezing and coughing attacks but I never saw him throw up any white foam. My vet said that when it's cold and damp outside that this usually makes asthma worse. He's had a few mild fits this year but nothing like he did last year.

Melissa, you are such a good Meowmie> Apollo is in good hands with you and your vet. I'm sure he'll get over this episode and be good a gold soon. Well wishes to you and your furbabe.
    Claudia & Calvin

We are sending prayers for Appollo, who after all is the Sun God.
    If there are many things that Our Ctas love more than Sun , it is food. We are praying that Appollo is home soon where he belongs!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Feel better soon Apollo! We're all praying for you, sweetie!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Apollo is starting to feel better already. He's still resting a bit which is good but for the most part he has stopped most of the coughing.

He still has a while of antibotics to take though but he's such a good boy about taking meds so that's good.

I'll have to take some more current photos of him. I was looking back to 2009 when I first got him and he was such a tiny little guy.

Melissa
    Attached Images Attached Images