Thread: Plankton, the Lucky Turtle

Plankton, the Lucky Turtle

Dear Friends,
    What a delight to find an Eastern Box Turtle as the "Pet of the Day"! Plankton and his sister are very fortunate to have been found by you for they would have probably fallen to predators of some kind outdoors, including inclement weather and even vehicles should they have tried to cross a road.
    I live in Lexington, Kentucky, which is in the central part of the state. Back in the early 1980's, I worked for a company which did some business in eastern Kentucky. One day, I was on the outskirts of Hazard when I found a box turtle in the road. Finding a safe place to pull over, I got out and saved him. Actually, I had no idea whether the turtle was a boy or girl but I named him "Murphy". I have no idea where I got that name, either. I brought him home with me and put him in our back yard, which had a fish pond and lots of flowers and bushes. I didn't see Murphy again for two years and when I did, he was in the street in front of our house. I put him in the back yard again and that was the last I saw of him. He was full grown when I found him and he had plenty to eat where he was. It's just that our yard was so bushy it would have been nearly impossible to find him. I always thought he lived a decent turtle's life. He was safer with us than he would have been where I found him, which had a lot of traffic.
    I pray the Lord blesses you for your kindness to these turtles. May He keep watch over you always, you and all your loved ones.
    May your turtles live long, happy and healthy lives.
    My love to all in Jesus, my Lord,
    Jim Grayson
    Lexington, Kentucky
    U.S.A.

Plankton what a beauty you are!!!

We have box turtles here in Kansas too and I love them. You always look friendly somehow. Some turtles just seem to look grumpy all the time. You certainly don't. I'm glad you and your sister have such a loving home. Enjoy you special day to the fullest.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Plankton! Happy Pet of the Day to you, precious one! What a handsome fellow you are! All of your photos are great, but I especially love the one of you munching on that yummy piece of fruit, and the last one, your closeup; what an adorable expression!

Oh yes, you are one lucky turtle, your sister Karen too; both of you so well cared for, so very loved! I had two Eastern Box Turtles as a child, named Lulu and Pinky, and they were such great friends; they even traveled with us to Long Island during the summer!

It was a pleasure meeting you today, precious Plankton, reading all about your happy life, how loved you are! As your human says, you truly are special, and so very deserving of the the title, Pet of the Day (Karen too)! Hope you're both enjoying a very happy day of celebration, beautiful boy, being spoiled to bits...you sure deserve it!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 03-19-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries

Plankton

I love turtles too! Plankton is the greatest turtle in the world!! Best POTD everpeace and love