Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you identify your dog?

Well, for my grandpuppy Zoey, it would have to be her black tongue. Not sure how many black lab mixes have black tongues. Also, the hair on the back of her back legs up by her tail is a tanish color. And, one last thing, whenever she sees me her entire body wags from the tip of her tail to the tip of her nose.

I have to say from the beginning that when God Made Koko he broke the mold. I have never seen another dog that even closely resembles her in person. Her coat changes color from a deep chocolated to a caramel color in the tips. She has the feathering on the legs, and a coat length like a Golden. Her eyes are a beautiful pail brown with flecks of gold that could capture any heart. Ask her anything, as long as it is Phrased like a question, she will look at you, tilt her head, as if she is thinking about her answer. If you ask her to do something she doesn't want to do, she will lower her head and make a yawning movement with her mouth. She understands everything you say and choses to ignore at least half of it, especially if there is a "Come" attached.

I could look for fatty tumors and skin tags for Autumn. Also, she thinks the command "speak" means dance with her front feet and make noise. She got so excited to get the treat when I was training that command that her front feet wouldn't stay still. Now she "speaks" with various barks and yips while tapping her front feet back and fourth.

Naylee is missing a toe on her back foot. Most people don't notice it.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

without the personality included Iīm pretty sure I could tell all three apart..
    itīs just those lil things you notice but canīt quite describe..

I could say for China her bieyes.. but many huskies have them too..it could be a mix of structure among other things.. she reminds me sooooo much Kavik.. only sheīs girl n bieyed.. but they have similar markings and structure

for Ninja..her megaplushiness..lol..she really doesnīt has distinctive markings except a few white patches barely noticeable.. I canīt evewn see them at times.. but I could tell her apart

and as for Roger.. well.. his beady eyes n his bark.. lol.. he does have a white patch on the chest.. a lil black goatie mark on his under chin and a few "ridgeback" hairs on his nose strip.. but even without those I could tell

I think itīs harder with solid colored dogs as black labs (not so much in yellows as you can see slight variations there in color shades n noses) or white hairy poodles.. etc..

that is without personality.. with it .. I think itīd be hard for ANYONE to not know their dogs.. but still there are cases like that.. lol
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I would know Katie's back legs anywhere. They are too straight and she also has a bump on one from where she broke it and has pins in it.

Tori has a huge chest and a red spot beside the blue of her eye.

Zack has a mole inside one of his ears.

For Ole it would be easy, he has scars on his nose from puppy strangles, his back is not level (his hind legs are longer then his front) His left hind leg when he walks you can see his knee luxating, also his front legs are very bent. Also if told to sit he never fully sits and instantly tries to give me high fives.

Miss Keva Not many puppies are like her. Her right ear stands while other one is down. She looks exactly like a mini long haired shepherd. Also with being around Ole she is very hound like when it comes to food (no matter how much they get they both act like, I've been starving them) She will also be dirty, every time she goes outside she likes to lay in mud puddles. I would have to give her baths multiple times a day to keep up with the dirt!

Overall they are both pretty unique

Tippy's head. He has a bump in the top of it. Also his nose is black but he has a little pink spot on it. I think I would be able to pick him out of a crowd. Of course he has personality quirkyness like none other as well. He always paws you if he wants attention and your not giving it to him. He also loves to sit on top of my feet when he's trying to get really close to me.
    I've Been Frosted!

Jasper has big spots on the skin on his inner thighs. Also, pretty much any time I ask him to do anything, he tries a "spin" first, as it's his favorite trick.

Neat thread idea for sure!!

Sierra - Her wolf like eyes would be the first give away, then the scars on her nose from the neighbors dog would be another clue. Besides that, her non stop cry/howl/talking would be a dead giveaway.
    Buddy - has a scar on his lip from a pet rat a neighbor let loose and it took up camp in our shed and bite him and he also has a scar on his side/stomach from when he tried jumping our fence and got stuck and ripped a hole in his skin, resulting in 14 stitches.
    They both also have broken left canine teeth.

Geeze.. my dogs appear to have been beaten up!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

It's funny because of course everyone thinks they would know their dog easily (and I think everyone on Pet Talk would) but I've had so many people comment on dogs that weren't theirs thinking it was their dog when I've been grooming. I mean dogs that aren't even the same breed or color - the other day I had somebody ask if the malamute mix I was grooming was their lab. I've had people start yelling at me for the haircut I was working on when it wasn't even their dog.

Anyway, all of the huskies have blue eyes but a lot of huskies have blue eyes so that's not a great way to identify them. Nebo has a small mole in the corner of his left eye. The white on his front legs doesn't just fade into the red he has sort of a zig zag look there. Right now the fur on the back of his ears is patches of different colors but that changes a lot his ears are weird. When I say his name and get excited to see him he does a play bow and usually barks/howls. He's also built very tall and long, his back is longer in proportion than any of the others.

Keva has a fairly large mole on her left side between her leg and shoulders. You can't see it because of her fur but you can feel it easily. Her skull also has that bump/point on it not as rounded as the others. She has brown in the whites of her eyes the vet said some dogs are just pigmented like that. She also has a very fluffy tail and she's a loud mouth ha ha. She doesn't have dew claws the others do.

Skya is small, you don't see huskies her size often. She has small features too - small muzzle, small feet. She is a red factored white so her eyes and lips are outlined in red not black and her nose is reddish brown. She has light red freckles on her nose but you only see them when her nose is wet. When she was a puppy Nebo scared her and she bit through her tongue she still has a slit in her tongue on one side. The main thing to identify her is she is afraid of all strangers so if she wasn't afraid of me that's a pretty good sign.

Killer has the typical black lab mix markings, white paws and chest, he has a white stripe that starts around his nose and goes between his eyes. I'd more have to identify him by his body structure, he's built like a pit or a stocky lab, he has a big head and chest. His fur is not as short as a pit but not as long as most labs. I think his tail is pretty long more like a pit tail than a lab tail. He loves everyone but I think he'd be extra excited to see Corby so that would help identify him.

Lily has a random spot of tan just above her nose, as well as if she saw me she'd come running or bark at me or happy growl. It would be very easy to identify her
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Other than the obvious conformation quirks his spots make shapes. A circle on the left shoulder, a paw print on his leg. His ears are also kind of hard/curling at the tips from the hematomas he had. Hair is thick, double coated, some of the spots on his legs are/were brown but are greying over now. His tail is really wide and kind of short. He has a lot of whiskers everywhere. His nails are perpetually long. He does not like his nails trimmed and so his kwiks are really long. Has front dew claws but not back. His eyes are kind of cloudy in some lights.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    It's funny because of course everyone thinks they would know their dog easily (and I think everyone on Pet Talk would) but I've had so many people comment on dogs that weren't theirs thinking it was their dog when I've been grooming. I mean dogs that aren't even the same breed or color
    Yep, it happens WAY more often than I would have thought, but then again nothing shocks me anymore. Today someone came in and couldn't understand why she shouldn't have her smooth coated St. Bernard shaved.

Niņo & Eliza