Thread: Anyone do gardening?

Anyone do gardening?

I have a question for you. I bought some daffodil and tulip bulbs last fall and neglected to get them in the ground. The stayed in my unheated garage where it dipped down pretty cool. When I looked at them this spring the bulbs were sprouting. Would it be ok to plant them into the ground and would they continue to grow since they are already starting?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

Yes and YES!

Dig a hole, put a bit of compost or crushed leaves in, set the bulb, cover to the amount instructed on the label. If you have a bit of Miracle Gro, add that to some water. If not, water anyway. Sit back and watch your garden bloom!

... and take pictures for people like me who are only good with artificial flowers !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

One of them has bloomed!

It is so pretty!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32038&dateline=129651  4765
    My Family left to right Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix, Riley - Domestic Short Hair Tabby, Phoebe - Domestic Medium Hair Tabby, Foxy - Australian Cattle Dog mix - March 2001 - September 15, 2012, Autumn - Labrador Retriever Mix
    Dear Husband and Myself - homo sapiens - James and Becky

Yay, congratulations! My narcissus and daffies are starting to blossom now, too, just one at a time, here and there.
    I've Been Frosted

Hooray! Now, aren't you glad you put them in?!

My mom, with the green thumb up to her elbow, would remove bulbous northern plants from her southern garden in the fall and out them in the produce drawer in her fridge. Apparently southern winters don't always get cold enough for the bulbs and the plants may flower early and then die when the harsh winter comes.

They look great.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)