Thread: Some new pics of Malibu and the gang

Some new pics of Malibu and the gang

Hi. I doubt any one remembers, but my kitty Malibu was COTD some time last year. I haven't posted since but I've been lurking around a bit and decided to share some more recent pics of my cats and introduce everybody to the rest of the gang.

Portrait of Malibu, AKA the BCE (Best Cat Eva)

She's not really as sophisticated as she seems.

I think I partially introduced Eve too. Eve is very, very special and is the source of both a lot of laughter and a lot of headaches. She's my little weirdo.

Trying to move the ball with her mind.

She's absolutely adorable.

Further proof to back up that prior statement.

This is Buddy. I love Buddy. It's impossible not to. He is quite possibly the most happy, friendly cat in the world. He loves to be near you. He especially loves being picked up and cuddled on your shoulder - he purrs and kneads up a storm. He has a congenital heart disorder - so often it's the ones with the kindest hearts who end up with dysfunctional ones.

Soaking up the sun.

Helping his grandma sow curtains.

And heeereeee's Amber! Amber has been around roughly since the beginning of time. Well, close to that, anyway. We're only a few years apart - she's 13, turns 14 this year - so she's almost like a sister, not a child like the rest of the critters. She's a sweetie pie. Only recently has she dared to venture into our laps, now she loves to cuddle, within reason of course. She's gone a long way from being pretty feral - she's a very good matriarch who does her best to keep things in check. She has our dog very well trained.

Trying to sleep -

Cute portrait -

Aw....every one a cutie pie! Thanks for introducing them to PT!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Hello and welcome! You have the most beautiful little fur family and all have such heart warming purrsonalities

Your photos are awesome and I hope you visit us frequently.

Give those pretty babies lots of hugs and snuggles please

PS I also have an "Eve" and yes, she's different - rocks our world every day and we adore her
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

You are a fantastic photographer - those pictures are spectacular.

I love all your descriptions, also. Especially this one - He has a congenital heart disorder - so often it's the ones with the kindest hearts who end up with dysfunctional ones. We have Duffy with a heart murmur, and he doesn't have a mean bone in his body - the sweetest cat ever.

Thank you for sharing with us

Hi and welcome to PT!!! You have very gorgeous cats and your Malibu could be my Ziggy Stardust's sister. I usually only see odd eyed cats that are white. I hope you'll stick around and post more about your cats.

Love all your pictures! Your cats are beauties!! Please come back and show us some more pics of them!

Wow, those photos are amazing!! Thanks for coming back and sharing the entire crew with us. I hope you can post often and with more pix.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What sweet, beautiful kitties! Thank you.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh My Goodness!! What a beautiful cat family you have. Every single one of them--Malibu, Eve, Buddy, Amber--are just adorable. Great photos! So sharp and clear!! I guess my fav photo is Malibu--love those eyes. Please come back and post more. Thanks for sharing.... Kay in NC

Thanks everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I love all your descriptions, also. Especially this one - He has a congenital heart disorder - so often it's the ones with the kindest hearts who end up with dysfunctional ones. We have Duffy with a heart murmur, and he doesn't have a mean bone in his body - the sweetest cat ever.
    I have had three cats with heart disease, including Buddy (out of 6 cats total.) Tiger passed in 2008 of congestive heart failure after suffering from a heart murmur for about 3 years. Morris, who was Buddy's brother, passed suddenly in 2010. Nobody even detected his heart issues - even the vet couldn't say definitively that it was a heart problem after performing an autopsy, as all he had was a slightly thick heart wall. Both were absolutely loving and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    You have very gorgeous cats and your Malibu could be my Ziggy Stardust's sister. I usually only see odd eyed cats that are white.
    What kind of tabby is Ziggy and what color is he/she? It's scary how similar they are! I think I've only seen a handful of non-white odd eyed cats before. A couple of them were black!

Gorgeous kitties! Very nice pics!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu's Mom View Post
    What kind of tabby is Ziggy and what color is he/she? It's scary how similar they are! I think I've only seen a handful of non-white odd eyed cats before. A couple of them were black!
    Well she's a DLH Tabby with a very fluffy,bushy tail. She's also very large for a female and weighs about 13-14lbs or maybe a bit more. She may have some Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat in her. She'll be 5 in late June and she was found in the Phoenix,AZ area by PT members where she and her brother were dumped as kittens in a feral cat park. Her brother is an orange and white short hair and still lives with the PT members who found him.

Here are a few pictures of her.

My cat Pearl was also found dumped in the same location as Ziggy Stardust a year earlier with her 3 brothers by the same people. I'll never understand why people dump animals.

Awwwww! Your babies are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

*squeal* Your kitties are beautiful! Thank you for the photos!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Well she's a DLH Tabby with a very fluffy,bushy tail. She's also very large for a female and weighs about 13-14lbs or maybe a bit more. She may have some Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat in her. She'll be 5 in late June and she was found in the Phoenix,AZ area by PT members where she and her brother were dumped as kittens in a feral cat park. Her brother is an orange and white short hair and still lives with the PT members who found him.

My cat Pearl was also found dumped in the same location as Ziggy Stardust a year earlier with her 3 brothers by the same people. I'll never understand why people dump animals.
    Thanks for sharing! She's gorgeous. Good "find"! I can't confirm whether or not any of my other cats were dumped, but my Rainbow Bridge kitty Tiger was thrown out of a moving car. I don't think I'll ever be able to grasp it either.