Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent: Ch babies need a home

Urgent: Ch babies need a home

I am the foster mom for Rainie and Stormie who are up for adoption through the Fredericksburg, Virginia SPCA.

http://www.fburgspca.org/AdoptCat.htm

They have cerebellar hypoplasia (CH)and need extra special love and care. Finding a home for them has been very difficult because they need extra care. They are 7 months old, both boys, and the plain fact is:

IF I CAN'T FIND A HOME FOR THESE PRECIOUS BOYS, THE SPCA WILL DEEM THEM UNADOPTABLE AND THEY WILL BE DESTROYED.

Please help me find a home for them. They need to be adopted together because they have developed a very symbiotic relationship. CH is a neurological disorder and they cannot walk and have no sense of balance. However, they are smart, adaptable, loving, gentle, and sweet beyond measure.

I cannot adopt them because I live in a rental property. The landlord has very graciously allowed me to foster small animals, but she is emphatic that I cannot add any more permanent pet babies to the family.

If you know of or are a very special someone who can love these boys and definitely be loved very much in return, please let me know ASAP. I love these guys to pieces and I cannot even begin to bring myself to think about the very real possibility that they will be put down if I cannot find a home for them. If you can help, I will take care of transportation within 150 miles of Fredericksburg, Virginia. I will also cover the adoption fee with the SPCA. I will also see that they are supplied with a case of their favorite food, puppy pads, bedding, and toys. I will also provide phone support for as long as their furever family needs it.

PLEASE HELP. THEIR LIVES DEPEND ON IT.

Thank you.
    Last edited by MomKitty; 03-14-2011 at 07:42 AM.

They can't walk, or they can't walk well?

There are several folks on here who have CH babies. Edit your post and put CH BABIES in the thread title.

Yes, please provide more information. I will get it out to people I know from CH mailing lists.

I wish so much I could take them in, but I just took in the two old ladies and I CANNOT take any more at this time.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

More info on CH kitties

They can't "walk" per se. They kind of "rock and roll" to get where they want to go. They are just learning to lean in order to stay upright, so I will begin training to a litter box very soon. (Right now, they are trained to puppy pads and do quite well with a little help from mom.) They are alert, very responsive to affection, love to play, and adapt and learn very quickly. The problem was that I didn't get them right away. They had been through two other foster parents before I got them in December, so they are a little bit delayed but are catching up quickly. Here is a link to a picture of both of them:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/1...1?photo_view=1

I have also tried to insert the picture itself, but I'm not sure that is going to work. If you can access the picture, Rainie is the solid gray and Stormie is the gray and white.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    They are both so adorable and I would take them in a heartbeat if it was possible. But this is already a household of 2 cats and 2 rambunctious dogs. Hoping that they can find a loving home soon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Based on what you wrote about their waling "ability" it sounds like they will be able to get around just fine as they get older. (I have a CH guy who is about 1.5 years old).

Please keep us posted on how they are doing and if you find a home for them. If it comes down to a deadline I can try and squeeze two more into my home but I have a houseful, so if there is someone else out there who can provide them a better home I would be happy for them.

I sent on the message today to several people I know from CH and other handicapped-cats mail lists and e-mail contacts, asking if any of them could adopt these two guys or if they would pass the word further on.

Here's hoping and praying that just the right home turns up! Meanwhile, THANK YOU SO MUCH, EMILY, for offering to take them in if a deadline passes.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Oh goodness, they're so adorable! I have a CH baby and I agree w/Emily that there's a good chance that they'll improve w/time. My CH girl, Creamsicle, couldn't walk at all when I rescued her at 5 weeks old. As time went on, she managed to walk but in circles w/her head swinging from side to side like a pendulum. She's improved so much now that it's difficult to tell that she's a CH baby. I do hope that you're able to find a home for these precious ones and, Emily, thank you so much for the offer of taking them if push comes to shove.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

A lady in Richmond has indicated that she is going to put in an application for Stormie and Rainie. I'll be following up on it tomorrow (they're closed on Mon and Tues). I'll be sure to let everyone know what's happening.

Thank you all so much for your interest in the boys. I'm now much more hopeful that I'll be able to find them a loving home.

Oh, wouldn't that be wonderful, if they get a real purrmanent furrever home of their own not far away from where they are now!
    Death thought about it.

Keep us posted on how things go and remember they can always have a home just up the road from you in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by emily_the_spoiled View Post
    Keep us posted on how things go and remember they can always have a home just up the road from you in DC.
    This sentence just makes me so happy!
    Blessings,
    Mary

UpDate == I have been informed from the CH Kitty Club that I am in That Both of these Babies have been Adopted & will be in their New Furrever Homes together by the end of this month.. WooHoo such Great News.. Lets Do The Happy Dance..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    UpDate == I have been informed from the CH Kitty Club that I am in That Both of these Babies have been Adopted & will be in their New Furrever Homes together by the end of this month.. WooHoo such Great News.. Lets Do The Happy Dance..
    Excellent news! I'm a'dancin'!
    Blessings,
    Mary

They're not quite adopted, but they're well on their way. The application has been received and I've been talking the director's ear off about what a good parent Gina will make. I don't think there will be any problem with the adoption and I'll be sure to take a picture when I deliver the boys to their new home and come back and post it here. We'll probably have the final answer on the adoption by the end of next week.

Definitely doin' that Happy Dance...