Anyone out there have these? Well I know of one person who has the Christmas cactus (huge!). When I was at her house, I was trying to find a way to make off with it, but I think she would have noticed it was missing!

Okay - on to the questions:

My Christmas cactus always blooms about a month before Christmas, and by the time the holiday gets here, most of the blooms have shriveled and fallen off. But - then it blooms again in late winter or early spring. It's in bloom now! It doesn't bloom as profusely as it does before Christmas, but it still blooms, none the less. Do I have an oddball, or is all of this normal??? I don't do anything special as far as the care is concerned - just feed and water it, and it always stays in the same location.

On to the orchid. Last April I purchased an orchid plant in bloom - it had 2 stalks just loaded with flowers, and they lasted for over 3 months. After they died off, I cut back the stalks as directed, and kept it fed and watered as directed. I understand that they produce flowers once a year, but what am I looking for as far as new stalks go? The only thing I am seeing is the squiggly roots at the base of the plant that are pushing their way up thru the potting medium (this is natural). The leaves are nice and firm and green as they should be (with no rot), so the plant is healthy.

HELP!!!!!