Thread: german shepard rescue

german shepard rescue

does anyone know of gsd rescue groups in fl.???the 2 17 year old shepards are back in doggie jail....boomer and precious...they need our help...the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

The Deli Dog

If you go to www.petshelter.org/ you will find addresses of rescue groups all over the country and links to other sites.
    Best wishes for Boomer and Precious to find a good "retirement" home.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

That's awful to hear....I almost wish they could go to a dog sanctuary to live out the remainder of the their lives without having to adjust to a new home again. I know this lady tried hard on their behalf.

o.k....update...i just got back from a fund raiser picnic for dogs and cats forever...they are aware of the situation...so far noone has come forward...gsd rescue...mr.morris said thats' whom he would call....they still have the d&c forever option....also,mr.morris said in last article that d&c was not air conditioned....this is false...and mr.morris had no right to say this....as you say...at least they are in a clinic....i just feel so bad for them both....i e-mail best friends this morning....am waiting to hear...i called last week to rescue groups in jacsonville area...nobody returned my calls...we will see...if you have any thoughts please let me know.....the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

Again? This is crazy. I'll pray for a quick adoption of these sweet heroic pups.

thank you daisy and your mom....you are right... this is crazy... i think that boomer is old and confused...that is why he nipped......god i wish that i had the space for these poor creatures...they have 9 days left....i will keep trying...the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

spencer the lion, you are right donations have not been a problem..it is the fact that they are special need pets...now with the biting....i don't believe it was the dogs fault....like you said...through training neglect...the former owners have almost ensured their fate....precious did not do anything wrong...it is guilt by association...i am sooo frustrated by this....would it help for all of us to e-mail dogs and cats forever?????spencer ,you seem to be knowledgeable on animal control....what will they do after their 10 days are up????? how long do they have??? where do they go after they leave dr. finchs' office???? do you know how to contact cnn???? the local papers are not even showing anything today...i e-mailed the local t.v. station....do we just wait for the larger media to pick it up???i guess they are ignoring it because of the biting....but if you read the article boomer only bit once...the other time the man got hurt because he fell...sorry...i am starting to ramble.......please advise...the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

If you go HERE and then go to Florida, there are a ton of rescue groups!

I hope those guys do okay!
    Becky Weise & the German Shepherd
    Iris Von Der Felzen Haus CD, CGC, 2 legs of NA
    Iris' Den

thanks...i sent 3 e-mails to different organizations...some were the ones i called last week....hope to hear soon...thank you again...the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

thanks to all of you ...i will keep you updated............the deli dog
    The Deli Dog