Thread: Pregnant Cat Needs A Home Fast

Pregnant Cat Needs A Home Fast

I know I haven't been around here in a very long time, I have posted a few times in the General tab.

My sister called me last night and she has a very very pregnant cat outside her place right now. The cat isn't super friendly from what I know right now but we are trying to get my sister to coax her inside if she can. There is another kitten outside that she saw at midnight mostly white with orange.

I am going to be going up to my sisters on Thursday to see if I can catch this mom cat and the kitten. As some of you probably know I can't take in another cat especially a pregnant one. I am trying to contact all of my friends to see if anyone can foster this mom cat. All of the rescues around here are full and can't take in anymore for the time being.

I know how many of you feel that I should terminate this pregnancy due to so many cats and kittens that don't have homes already but I may not get this cat before she gives birth, I'm hoping that isn't the case but I just need to get her inside and see who might be willing to help out.

Please keep all comments about terminating the pregnancy quiet for now if possible. I understand where you are coming from and if she wasn't this far along I would do it but for me I can't terminate babies when I know they are there unless a vet instructs otherwise for the health of the mom cat, etc.

I can't afford to take on a mom cat and kittens and my sister is willing to help out but I would like to see if someone has more space than I to help out.

Thank you,
    Melissa

Well I hope that you'll be able to trap both cats so that they'll be safe. I also hope that you'll find someone who will be able to foster them. Good luck.

Due to rain delay I am going to try to trap this cat Friday evening and Saturday night if I can't get her Friday.

I have someone who is willing to take her in and she will keep the mom and find homes for the babies. I'm glad to hear at least the mom will be getting a forever home out of this.

Hopefully everything will work out well and I will be able to get the mom in. If I catch a kitten I might see if my sister is willing to keep it until next month when I have 3 cats scheduled to get fixed for $15 each.

I just hate seeing these kittens show up but then I have to start wondering how many of them are just getting tossed out because she lives out in the country and who knows. It's just so sad but then there are so many happy stories so far too.

Anyway, I will try to upload photos when I can and keep ya'll posted.

Melissa

Good luck with catching her!
    I've Been Frosted

Good luck catching them, and God bless you, Melissa.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery