Thread: Anatomy is bringing me down...

Anatomy is bringing me down...

Just need a little vent. I am SO frustrated with my human anatomy class! It is the hardest class I have ever, EVER, taken. Not that it's hard to get, it's just I'm not good with memorizing things.

Having to know every muscle in the human body, not only the names but the actions and the attachments in TWO and 1/2 weeks? Are you kidding me??

My midterm for my lab class is on Thursday. It's on the bones (not just the bones but every little bump on the bones) and muscles. Mostly off the cadavers which make me want to throw up in the first place.

I've had two tests for my lecture class so far, which I feel like is easier than the lab because it's multiple choice and off a paper. The first one I got a 74 on (I have NEVER gotten lower than a B on any test in my whole life!), and the one I took last week I got an 88. (whew!)

I know that many classes for nursing aren't going to be easy, but school has always been a breeze for me. I just feel like this class is so much information in so little time. *sigh*

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

It's a TON of information in a short time. I remember those days well. Do you have learning lab time, where you can go in and study it the way you learn best?

Karen referred me to this Web site (Purpose Games); I'm wondering if this will help you. Or, at least, to give you a smile

http://www.purposegames.com/game/431/info
    http://www.purposegames.com/game/797dd6b8/info

These are just a couple- there are more on their site.

Hang in there! Fingers crossed for you (using my flexors digitorum, I think)---
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    It's a TON of information in a short time. I remember those days well. Do you have learning lab time, where you can go in and study it the way you learn best?

Karen referred me to this Web site (Purpose Games); I'm wondering if this will help you. Or, at least, to give you a smile

http://www.purposegames.com/game/431/info
    http://www.purposegames.com/game/797dd6b8/info

These are just a couple- there are more on their site.

Hang in there! Fingers crossed for you (using my flexors digitorum, I think)---
    Elyse
    Well, there are open labs on a few Saturdays for three hours. But I always work on Saturday I did get the chance to go to one for like an hour.

I did my test today, and it was better than I thought. Not any easier, but I remembered more than I thought I would. A few friends from my class and I studied in the library for 3 hours for two days, which helped me tremendously.

So are you are nurse? If you are, do you have your BSN or associates? What do you do specifically?

Thanks for the links! I played the game and it's fun! I did it in 48 seconds. lol

Yep, your flexor digitorum!!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

My daughter worked on cadavers for a long time. She nearly fell over when she first started it, but after a while she got pretty used to it. Just hang in there mate, put the time in and get through the exams.....it'll be worth it once it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    Well, there are open labs on a few Saturdays for three hours. But I always work on Saturday I did get the chance to go to one for like an hour.

I did my test today, and it was better than I thought. Not any easier, but I remembered more than I thought I would. A few friends from my class and I studied in the library for 3 hours for two days, which helped me tremendously.

So are you are nurse? If you are, do you have your BSN or associates? What do you do specifically?

Thanks for the links! I played the game and it's fun! I did it in 48 seconds. lol

Yep, your flexor digitorum!!
    YAY! One test down!

I'm a nurse. I have my BSN and then went back for MSN.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I absolutely loved A & P. Loved it!! It is definitely the hardest class I ever took too. I got a B in A & P one and two but I worked my tail off for it.
    How about word association for all those endless terms? I also found it would help if I copied the terms over on another sheet of paper from the book. I seemed to remember them better. I would write them in bold ink and keep the sheets in the car with me. Every time I stopped at a light,I studied. I honestly don't know how anyone can remember all of that stuff. Right now, I would be happy to know the names of just half the stuff I memorized. Good luck with it!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!