Thread: Of all the ways to dent your car!

Of all the ways to dent your car!

I decided it was a gorgeous day and that I would take advantage of it by cleaning out the car for the first time since last fall. Cameron was excited to help vacuum it out and spritz the Windex.

I decided to move the car closer to the house for several reasons --- the ease of getting the extension cord, keeping Cameron in the yard instead of by the street, and so on.

We have a gap between the fence posts just large enough to fit a truck through. A car is no problem. Right? I was pulling through when Cameron bumped the back door, which let Callie loose into the yard. Next thing I know she had her paws up on the hood of the car. I stopped and called to Cameron to make Callie come to him (this kid could teach adults a thing or two about calling dogs to come!) But did he? nooooooo. He stood there laughing as Callie tried to jump on the hood of the car!

I over-reacted, threw the car into reverse - right into the fence!

the side of the car is all banged up. Pretty badly too. Hubby was taking out the trash in the 30 seconds this all happened and wanted to know how I could do so much in so little time

The good news is: Callie is a-ok. Not one little hair on her crazy head was out of place. The fence has a itty bitty splinter missing.

Hubby's new nickname for me is Crash.

Oh no Kim!!! I bet the husband laughed after seeing all of that, of course after getting over the initial shock of what happened. Sounds like a 3 ring circus.

I hope it won't be too expensive to get the car repaired.

Amy

Am I allowed to giggle? Just a teeny bit??

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
    Am I allowed to giggle? Just a teeny bit??
    Most definitely! I laughed too. Other choice is to cry. And since its a car, not a living thing, I'll choose laughter.

My coworker stopped by seconds after I did it, saw what was going on and couldn't get out of here fast enough. He came by just as the conversation was going:
    Me: Its a teensy scratch
    Hubby: Scratch?!!? The side panel is crushed!
    Me: Nah - its just mud and it'll come right out
    Hubby: Bumpy mud?
    Coworker: I see things are going on so I'll get going before a divorce starts. (imagine scooby doo style running)0

Only us animal lovers would understand.. Now, excuse me while I go snicker a bit....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Rofl!!!!

I'm sorry but I had to laugh, too. That escapade sounds so much like something I would do. Glad everyone is okay.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I'm sorry that this happened but I also find it a bit funny at the same time. I'm also glad that no one other than the car was injured.

Oh so sorry.

Now that hubby got over the initial shock of the scratches, he oddly proud of his fence post. He's proud that I hit it with the car and all it got was a missing splinter - its still firmly planted in the ground.

Fence post 1, car 0.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb