Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race

The Race is back! Interesting twist-- if the same team wins the first and last legs, they win not one but two million dollars. Wowzers!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yes, we'll see how it works out, whether other teams will try to bump that team out early, or just not team up with them because of that ... should be interesting!
    I've Been Frosted

Hmmm, interesting decision by most of the teams this week not to use the U-Turn. I thought the team who finished second from the last was going to be the last team to arrive by a long time. I thought the one team should have been dinged for telling their driver he just cost them the million dollars. Hey, it's not his fault that they were on the second train.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Hmmm, interesting decision by most of the teams this week not to use the U-Turn. I thought the team who finished second from the last was going to be the last team to arrive by a long time. I thought the one team should have been dinged for telling their driver he just cost them the million dollars. Hey, it's not his fault that they were on the second train.
    There are no penalties for being rude, or many teams would have been bumped earlier in previous years!

I wonder if they didn't explain to the contestants that the U-turn would be anonymous!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh my goodness, Bangladesh looks like a very poor place. I'm disappointed about the team that got eliminated. I hope the one guy's foot is okay after he stepped into raw sewage, too.

Yes, it is a very poor country. The good thing is the contestant who stepped in the raw sewage at least had someone wash off his foot right afterwards with bottled water, and hopefully he had no open cuts or scratches that would get infected. I was glad that team had a sense of humor about the Fast Forward task, too.

I was not surprised at the elimination, considering how far behind they were, which was really obvious given the angle of the sun by the time time they were approaching Phil.
    I've Been Frosted

Did I hear Brent say that he used to be a doctor? I wonder why he changed careers. I also wonder why some of the teams got help from local people moving the bamboo and others didn't.

Did I hear Brent say that he used to be a doctor? I wonder why he changed careers. I also wonder why some of the teams got help from local people moving the bamboo and others didn't.
    I wonder if some teams welcomed help and just seemed friendlier, so the locals helped them!

Brent was a doctor who ended up working for Martha Stewart Omnimedia on healthy living initiatives when he was laid off once the recession hit. You can read about it on his Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Ridge
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I would like to know, pretty please, how do I order PT Calenders, how much do they cost, and how long they take to arrive. Lotsa questions I know, I want three ASAP so i just figured i'd ask Anyone?

On tonight's episode I got the impression that the bath house challenge was easier and took less time than the simit challenge. I'm not disappointed about the team that was eliminated. I loved seeing former teams on the "Life of Pi" promotions, especially Bopper and Mark

Edited to add after reading Brent's Wikipedia page ... He's trained as a geriatrician -- go back to medicine, Brent! We need good geriatricians in clinical practice! Sincerely, MSN in gerontological nursing

Edited to ask, after thinking about it further ... I wonder if the team that lost the money was "coached" to leave it on the table, just to see what might happen. The lady who helped them in Dhaka looked a lot wealthier than others on the street; I wonder if she was planted?
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-05-2012 at 01:50 PM.

On tonight's episode I got the impression that the bath house challenge was easier and took less time than the simit challenge. I'm not disappointed about the team that was eliminated. I loved seeing former teams on the "Life of Pi" promotions, especially Bopper and Mark

Edited to add after reading Brent's Wikipedia page ... He's trained as a geriatrician -- go back to medicine, Brent! We need good geriatricians in clinical practice! Sincerely, MSN in gerontological nursing

Edited to ask, after thinking about it further ... I wonder if the team that lost the money was "coached" to leave it on the table, just to see what might happen. The lady who helped them in Dhaka looked a lot wealthier than others on the street; I wonder if she was planted?
    I doubt she was planted, it was probably easier to pick out a relatively wealthy person to approach on those crowded streets, and they did get money from several people. I doubt that the stolen money was intentional or planned, and am glad the rockers took it in stride after a couple moments of angst!

I do hope there are consequences for the team who stole it initially, and the one they split it with, not a good precedent to set otherwise!
    I've Been Frosted

The money pilfering on national TV was a really bad idea. Speaks a lot to their character.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I thought the twins' expecting their synchronized swimmer to speak English was a little much. You're in Russia, for goodness' sake! And about those lost passports - why did Phil only ask the team that was missing a passport if they had theirs, and not ask any of the teams that had previously checked in? Reminded me of a previous season when a team had to backtrack (I think it was in Germany or Switzerland) to find their lost documents.

I thought the twins' expecting their synchronized swimmer to speak English was a little much. You're in Russia, for goodness' sake! And about those lost passports - why did Phil only ask the team that was missing a passport if they had theirs, and not ask any of the teams that had previously checked in? Reminded me of a previous season when a team had to backtrack (I think it was in Germany or Switzerland) to find their lost documents.
    I am sure he noticed they were not carrying backpacks or anything, and that a camera person had likely tipped him off ... some of the stuff we never see on camera ....
    I've Been Frosted

Is it just me, or are the teams doing a little less traveling this time. Two episodes in Bangladesh and tonight will be their second episode in Russia. I was hoping to see some of Europe on the race.

I enjoyed seeing Turkey, though. My nephew spent six weeks there several summers ago as part of an international archeology team. The project was near Ankara, but he traveled through Istanbul both ways. He also got to visit an area of Greece on his way home and got some beautiful pictures. The team was from Chicago, Boston and London and the Turkish people on the team told them some of the places to visit while they were there. He said that the people's impression of Americans was that they all wear cowboy hats and carry big guns! He wore a cap or a head scarf in the sun most of the time because he's so fair-- didn't carry a gun but did carry tools, bottled water and a camera.