Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race

Oh my goodness, those adorable Danish bunnies! Cute, cuter, cutest! I wanted to leap through the TV and hug and snuggle each of them
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I was really surprised everyone didn't choose the bunnies first! And loved loved loved seeing the large athletic NFL player cheering on the bunnies as they hopped each obstacle!
    I've Been Frosted

Those bunnies were amazing.

The pose-off! I was laughing so hard! The team I expected to nail it, did exactly that. I have a new addition to my bucket list - ride a train in Europe.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I thought Amani and Marcus worked so well together - she really was creative in thinking up ways to help him remember the poses! It'll be interesting to see, next week, how the other teams fare, and I wonder whether Cindy and Ernie will face any penalty for losing their tickets.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm thinking of Maya and Inka's Mommy tonight because the teams are in ... Belgium!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm thinking of Maya and Inka's Mommy tonight because the teams are in ... Belgium!
    Did anyone catch the road sign that had LOCHRISTI on it....

I did!

Yes, and I said to Paul "Our Pet Talker Lut lives near there!" and he said "It's Belgium, pretty much everywhere in Belgium is nearby everything else in Belgium ...

I wonder what the time difference was between the elders and the rest of the pack. They ran it well, but you could tell they knew they were gonna be eliminated no matter what ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Did anyone catch the road sign that had LOCHRISTI on it....

I did!
    Oh, no, I didn't! I will have to go back and watch it again on line! I wonder why the place name was spelled Gent instead of Ghent? And I would love to go and see the Atomium, both during the day and at night, in person! (If Phil Keoghan is standing beneath it, so much the better!)

When Phil said two things Belgium is famous for, I thought the challenge was going to involve chocolate

I am so bummed that zzzzzzz and zzzzzzz got eliminated, I was totally rooting for them! Hmmmm, 3 teams left...

People always blame it on "the curse of the car" - if you win the car, you lose the show! But they just missed that one big clue ... I was actually impressed one team found the right place because the man drew the picture of the building accurately enough for the cab driver to recognize it!
    I've Been Frosted

Note to Phil Keoghan: Any time you want to put the finish line of the Amazing Race in Chicago, I'm ready to cheer on the teams as they come in

I knew the celebrity connection to "The Dump" because I have cousins who used to live in Atlanta.

And the newest group is off! I'm rooting for the Army officer and his wife, the border patrol agents and the drug enforcement agents. I thought the Jersey boys were going to be the last ones on the mat last night.

haven't decided any strong favorites yet, thought the clowns and the country boys are early choices, and the Army guy and his wife. None of the others made much of an impression yet, though I am guessing the Jersey boys - didn't bother to learn to drive stick shift? won't last very long.
    I've Been Frosted

What does everyone think of the race so far?

I am always rooting more for the teams that seem to be enjoying the tasks than the complainers! Paul and I were surprised they referred to the castle as "The Sleepy Beauty" castle, not "the castle from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," or just "Neuschwanstein," I wonder if Disney paid some $ for them to use that reference.
    I've Been Frosted