Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race

Amazing Race

Anybody watching this season?

If you saw it last night, what did you think?

I LOVED the kangaroo costumes everyone had to wear, and that they had bouncers, and have more respect for Kynt that he remember his periodic table of elements. And that he and Vyxin bounced up and down on the mat in front of Phil, still in kangaroo mode even though they weren't in first place, made me like them more. I still like the Cowboys, though they haven;t been very impressive yet this time around, I'm still rooting for them, and a few other teams.

Thought Ron and Christina's interactions were sad - did they learn nothing last time around about each other? And I was hoping, by the way, that the sisters would have made an effort to learn to swim once they found out they were going to be on the show again.
    I've Been Frosted

I did not see it last night. I did not think it was on but will watch it now.

I agree. I still like the cowboys, but they have to get it in gear. They did come back pretty well, thanks to the flight situation. Kynt impressed me with the periodic table, too. And like you, I'm surprised the sisters didn't work more on swimming, considering the last time around. Looks like this is going to be a fun season!

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    I agree. I still like the cowboys, but they have to get it in gear. They did come back pretty well, thanks to the flight situation. Kynt impressed me with the periodic table, too. And like you, I'm surprised the sisters didn't work more on swimming, considering the last time around. Looks like this is going to be a fun season!
    I'm a little disappointed by last night's elimination. I was hoping they'd go farther. I'm nervous for Mallory and her dad- they've struggled with the challenges. At first I was put off by Kent and Vyxin but now I find myself rooting for them. I'm definitely rooting for the cowboys, too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I agree about last night's elimination. I was hoping they would overcome the u-turn.

I am not a fan of the father and daughter team, the Asian one. That man is so rude to his daughter.
    The cowboys are good with physical tasks but not at the top of the list for book smarts.
    My favorite team is the mom and son. She is such a dedicated mother and great role model.

I don't know what to think about tonight's elimination. Didn't see it coming. I didn't see that particular team their first time so I don't know how far they got. I thought the red gate where they got one of the clues was beautiful. And I laughed when Kent said his make-up wasn't all that smudged after the challenge.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 03-14-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelled Kent's name wrong

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I actually did see tonight's elimination coming, midway through, when they seemed to be giving up, it was sad, but probably the best choice. They did pretty well last time, but weren't too close to the end. I was kind of hoping for the "former cheerleaders" to go, just because they were so completely rude to the man whose car THEY hit, because the man didn't speak English. Hello? You are in Japan! It's not his fault you don't speak Japanese! For that reason, I hope they get eliminated soon.
    I've Been Frosted

About last night... Why did only one team get lost on the way to the airport? Was that team given different directions than all the others? Is the production team monkeying with the process?

I was totally ready to reach through the monitor and smack Christina (again) for disrespecting her father. In China, no less! Knock it off Christina!

I Phil! (and his accent) But he's married...

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    About last night... Why did only one team get lost on the way to the airport? Was that team given different directions than all the others? Is the production team monkeying with the process?

I was totally ready to reach through the monitor and smack Christina (again) for disrespecting her father. In China, no less! Knock it off Christina!

I Phil! (and his accent) But he's married...
    I don't think the production team was messing with them, I think she just misread the map, and didn't realize for far too long. I do think Kynt and Vyxen are much better with each other this time, and seem well suited for each other. Many other people would have been screaming and furious, but it's sad that they then made another mistake and left the fannypack on the gondola - if this is not a non-elimination leg, they are doomed.

I thought it was pretty funny how Ron (Christina's father) was continually stopping - or trying to stop - for food. I could feel her frustration right through the screen, an of course, he is so often disrespectful of her, I really didn't blame her for snapping at him this time.
    I've Been Frosted

I agree Karen, Ron is very disrespectful. I think his daughter is an angel for putting up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't think the production team was messing with them, I think she just misread the map, and didn't realize for far too long. I do think Kynt and Vyxen are much better with each other this time, and seem well suited for each other. Many other people would have been screaming and furious, but it's sad that they then made another mistake and left the fannypack on the gondola - if this is not a non-elimination leg, they are doomed.

I thought it was pretty funny how Ron (Christina's father) was continually stopping - or trying to stop - for food. I could feel her frustration right through the screen, an of course, he is so often disrespectful of her, I really didn't blame her for snapping at him this time.

I was surprised at last night's double U-turn (who did the U-turning to whom) and disappointed by the outcome. I thought the team that finished first handled the dinosaur task really well. I'm not saying names in case anyone taped it and hasn't watched it yet, but I'm sorry that the ____ got eliminated.

We were talking about Phil Keoghan's accent at work -- when he says, "You have been eliminated," he rhymes been with bean and it sounds so classy! here in the Midwest it rhymes with bin.

I am massively BUMMED by last night's elimination. I felt so bad for them. That is a team I didn't see the first time, but I've gotten to like them this time. I had the sense that Phil felt bad for them when he told them they were last to arrive, too. The Goths were making me laugh as they were doing the face on the figurine (especially Kent).

We didn't see the end of last week's show until yesterday, so put off watching this week's show until we had seen it, and so I have avoided this thread for two weeks worth! I was kind glad that the "redheads" a.k.a. the "cheerleaders" got eliminated, they just were so often mean to people, and rude to natives in others countries just because they didn't speak English, which is just inexcusable (of the cheerleaders, not the other people).

I was sorry for the pair that got eliminated this week, but glad they outlasted the "cheerleaders" and at least they kept trying this time, and he seems to have matured a lot since their last time on the Race.
    I've Been Frosted