Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What does everyone think of the race so far?

I am always rooting more for the teams that seem to be enjoying the tasks than the complainers! Paul and I were surprised they referred to the castle as "The Sleepy Beauty" castle, not "the castle from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," or just "Neuschwanstein," I wonder if Disney paid some $ for them to use that reference.
    I was doing laundry Sunday night and watching the race, and I was ready to toss the TV out the window when the teams kept whining! Give it up already! And I don't like that it's becoming a commercial for Ford and Travelocity. But I enjoyed seeing beautiful Germany on TV and I was thinking of Kirsten! I'm rooting for Mark and Bopper, Art and JJ.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am hoping there is some upcoming task that evens the playing field for everyone else. Especially as they now seem to getting a tad arrogant about it.
    I've Been Frosted

People always blame it on "the curse of the car" - if you win the car, you lose the show! But they just missed that one big clue ... I was actually impressed one team found the right place because the man drew the picture of the building accurately enough for the cab driver to recognize it!
    I wonder if the "curse of the car" will affect the team that won the car. They did work together better tonight. The underwater challenge looked really scary. I felt bad for the team that got eliminated.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

After last night's episode I want to ask... Why does Brendon's partner Rachel have a crying episode in each leg of the race? I can't help but wonder if some of the content is (slightly) scripted or otherwise influenced by the producers. The show feels more like "Survivor" this time in that there is friction between the teams. People, it is just you and the finish line. It's not necessary to be rude to your opponents along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    After last night's episode I want to ask... Why does Brendon's partner Rachel have a crying episode in each leg of the race? I can't help but wonder if some of the content is (slightly) scripted or otherwise influenced by the producers. The show feels more like "Survivor" this time in that there is friction between the teams. People, it is just you and the finish line. It's not necessary to be rude to your opponents along the way.
    It was a successful tactic for her on Big Brother, so I guess she figures she'll employ it here as well ... NOT the most likable person, in my opinion. But neither, at this point, is Vanessa, in her constant sniping at BBRachel.

I was pleased at who won the leg, even though they argue with each other a lot, they do seem to love and respect each other at the end. And I was tickled that Team Kentucky did so well!
    I've Been Frosted

I was glad to see the team win that arrived first today. I'm not sure the double U turn really helped any of the teams.

The water situation was very sad to see. Maybe it will change as a result of the show, though.

I was, too. I like Rachel and Army Dave, but was glad to someone else get the win this time! And it was no surprise at all who went home, as it turned out, and I do not blame the teams that did not use the U-turn, as they had that figured out all along.
    I've Been Frosted

I was very surprised last night it was a non-elimination leg, and so looked online and they said by law the non-elimination legs have been determined before the race even starts. But I was happy they still have a chance, though do not think they are likely to win the whole thing if there is any running or legwork involved from this point forward.

What do you think?
    I've Been Frosted

I was very surprised last night it was a non-elimination leg, and so looked online and they said by law the non-elimination legs have been determined before the race even starts. But I was happy they still have a chance, though do not think they are likely to win the whole thing if there is any running or legwork involved from this point forward.

What do you think?
    Loved the fact that KY is still in it.

When Phil comes out at the finish line for the legs he says something like, "The last team will be eliminated"

I have noticed that on the Non Elim Legs he says "the last team may be eliminated".

When he said that last night I knew KY was still in it......
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I am absolutely rooting for Team KY!

Last night's elimination was not surprising, but I thought they handled it as gracefully as could be imagined. I wish that team all the best ...

Who are you folks rooting for now?

We SOOO would have done the "decorate the elephant" task, no matter what! Even Army Dave, who is normally so serious and focussed during tasks, was grinning as he hauled himself up on to the elephant's back!
    I've Been Frosted

AAAACK! I am so bummed! I wanted the outcome to be different. We'll see what happens next week!

That's the finish I expected. If they do another "Unfinished Business" race, I hope Team KY will get to run it again.

I was happy with the race outcome. I think Army Dave and Rachel work pretty well together, and that she knows how much of his yelling is serious and how much is just misdirected frustration, and they make it work. I was glad they won. I *almost* felt bad for the Border Patrol guy who just could not stay on the sled, he seemed to have just given up far too soon physically, and in this challenge being a larger person was a detriment - I figured both Rachels would have better balance on the sled. That they had given $5000 to Bopper's daughter's bills earlier in the race was the only reason I had any respect for them, otherwise they often seemed kinda petty and childish.

I, too, would love to see Team Kentucky get to race again - once that knee if fully recovered, of course. I kinda sorta almost felt sorry for Vanessa running on that injured ankle, but she had been so catty to other teams throughout the race, I was not rooting for her to win, and thought she should have considered taking the penalty and moving on rather than the pointless continued attempts. I thought her partner handled the situation as well as it could be, and gave her the choice.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm bumping this old thread up because I heard on the news that Phil Keoghan was nominated for an Emmy award for hosting "The Amazing Race" -- yay, Phil!