Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race

Gaaaaah! I was hoping for a different finish this week.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Karen brought this thread to my attention. I can explain a bit about mosques.

Mosques don't have benches or pews. Muslims pray 5 times a day (before sunrise, noon, afternoon, sunset, and night), and prayers take place in congregation at every mosque around the world at all 5 times. It is our 'link' to our Creator, and a daily reminder to connect with, and thank God for all of His blessings. You do not 'have to' pray every prayer at the mosque (you can pray anywhere....at home, at work, in a parking lot, wherever.....the prayers are mandatory), but many people try their best to make it as much as possible. We don't have anything at the mosque other than a big hall and carpet. In the front of the hall is a podium for the imam to give sermons. That's about it. Most mosques keep stacks of chairs for the elderly/or those who need them, but generally, all we need at a mosque is a clean, empty hall. We go to the mosque to pray to God, the One who created us, and to do that, we do not need anything other than ourselves, and a pure heart. It really is, just a big empty room. This is how we pray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kScrL8m1qMs

Thanks, glad you found the thread, and explained!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, popcornbird! The mosque was very ornate and dignified. I didn't see a whole lot of it, but it looked like a beautiful place. I am glad I got to see it for a bit on TV, because I will probably never visit that part of the world.

I wonder where they will go next? They were in Indonesia so maybe they will go to Australia or New Zealand.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Do the doctors still have the express pass? I'm wondering why they didn't use it on the make-up challenge. I missed a leg 2 Sundays ago, though- they might have used it then.

Yes, the docs used it last week.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm rooting for Jason and Amy for the win ... he is from Massachusetts and I'm not sure where she's from, but I'm rooting for them. Pink hair lady makes me really frustrated because she doesn't listen sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm rooting for Jason and Amy for the win ... he is from Massachusetts and I'm not sure where she's from, but I'm rooting for them. Pink hair lady makes me really frustrated because she doesn't listen sometimes.
    I think she's also from either Massachusetts or maybe Rhode Island. It is funny, he has a pretty real Massachusetts "accent" - Hollywood does not realized most of us don't sound like JFK, circa 1963, I think!
    I've Been Frosted

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Yes, I was very happy with the outcome! It proves that nice people CAN finish first!
    I've Been Frosted

And on the radio this evening, I found out he is from Attleboro, MA and she is from Providence, RI - so I was right! And Attleboro is closer to Providence than Boston, by far!

Still glad they won, they seem like nice people!
    I've Been Frosted

New all-star cast

Jet and Cord- the cowboys (!!)
    Harlem Globetrotters Flight Time and Big Easy
    Mother and son Margie and Luke, the show's first deaf racer
    The Afghanimals/cousins Leo and Jamal
    Natalie and Nadiya --the twinnies!
    Bopper and Mark, BFFs
    Country singers Caroline and Jennifer
    YouTube hosts Joey and Meghan
    Father and son cancer survivors Dave and Connor
    Couple Jessica and John, who have the dubious honor of being the first team eliminated while holding an Express Pass
    Big Brother couple Brendon and Rachel

Jessica and John, Brendon and Rachel - maybe they will just cancel each other out. I'm pulling for Jet and Cord, Mark and Bopper and the singer girls. I hope Dave can stay healthy.

The Amazing Race - Season 24

Wow, surprising elimination tonight. That wasn't how I expected the first week to end. I loved the UCLA Band at the beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Wow, surprising elimination tonight. That wasn't how I expected the first week to end. I loved the UCLA Band at the beginning!
    We missed the last 20 minutes or so, annoyingly enough. Glad for the team that came in first. It was sad to see That the Bopper couldn't compete, glad they gave Mark the chance to go ahead anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm disappointed about this week's eliminated team, I was hoping they would go farther. That's that with the second express pass, too. It seemed like almost a tie between the #1 and #2 teams.