Thread: A bittersweet day

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

A bittersweet day

May 21st will have me on an emotional roller coaster.........

My beautiful granddaughter graduates from Monmouth Univ in NJ, with a degree in psychology. Even tho she hasn't "officially" graduated and walked on stage to receive her diploma, yesterday she started in her Master's Program at Wilmington Univ (here in DE) and is mastering in Mental Health Counseling. What a gutsy and determined young woman, and this old Grammy couldn't be more proud of her and all that she has accomplished. I know that she will succeed in anything she chooses to do in life.

And May 21st will also bring some sadness with it too, as it is the one year anniversary of my brother's passing. It just doesn't seem possible that it has been a year already. Miss you Charlie, and I think of you often. I pray that you are at peace.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Aww, we'll be thinking of you.

I had one of those moments yesterday, had to do some errands out near my old hometown, and the ice cream stand was open for the summer. I stopped to get a strawberry frappe to have on the way back home (Yum - a very sporadic indulgence) and the soft-serve special flavor this week is black raspberry. That was Dad's favorite flavor of ice cream, and this is right around the time he went in the hospital last year, and then he passed away in the fall.
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry to be seeing this only today Pom-----better late then never. I know how proud we feel when the kids or grandkids accomplish their goals, good wishes to your granddaughter, I know how much she means to you . She is a very determined young lady and will succeed at whatever she goes for.

I share the sadness you feel for your brother... and for the way things didn't work out... may he RIP. Bittersweet it is...
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Dear Ellie, congratulations to your granddaughter, and my best wishes to her in her future endeavors. You done well, Granddaughter and Grammy both!

And my sympathy to you and your family and all who love your dear brother, on this sad anniversary of his passing. May all your precious memories and keepsakes of him help to bring you comfort.

A bittersweet time, indeed.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda